Hwange Accommodation | Davisons Camp
Reasonably priced Tented Safari Camp, Davisons Camp is located in a Premier Wildlife Concession in a remote part of Hwange National Park, offering a top quality Safari Experience
Guests share stories by the fire on the deck (photo - Wilderness Safaris)
Situated in an open grove of impressive false mopane trees in eastern Hwange National Park, Davisons Camp overlooks a productive waterhole which attracts herds of buffalo and elephant as well as plains game and their accompanying predators, throughout the year.
This premier wildlife concession owned and operated by Wilderness Safaris, is one of the best that Zimbabwe has to offer. Typical open African Savannahs offer fantastic photographic opportunities to get that classic wildlife shot. Wilderness operates three camps in this huge concession and Davisons is the least expensive of the three - classified in their adventure range. It’s cheaper not because of an inferior game experience but rather has slightly less luxurious facilities.
Being tucked away in a remote corner of Hwange National Park means the easiest and fastest way of getting there is by charter flight from Victoria Falls, although a road transfer is also an option (roughly five hours from Victoria Falls - 2.5 hrs through the Hwange National Park).
Eight en-suite tents and one family unit, all boast clear views of the waterhole. Not plush but certainly comfortable, these tents each have their own viewing deck, making them a wonderful place to relax after a busy day of game viewing. The main lounge and dining area is typical of a safari camp with comfy couches and African decor. The slightly raised deck is the perfect place to spend the siesta hours relaxing while keeping an eye on the waterhole. The pool at Davisons Camp offers relief in the extreme hot summer months and the fire pit in the open deck is great in the evenings to sit around and recount safari tales.
The activities offered here are all conducted on the Wilderness Private Concession. Games drives, night drives, guided walks and a visit to the local village, will fill your day with adventure and excitement. Venturing from waterhole to waterhole on the game drives can be very productive indeed. Huge herds of elephants are what this area is known for although the densities of plains game and predators here make it one of the best game viewing areas in Zimbabwe. Walking with one of the professional guides will give you a unique perspective and a chance to see the smaller things this park has to offer, while the Village tour is a great insight into the lives of the local populations, and the work Wilderness Safaris does for them.
Davisons Camp is ideal for guests who want a genuine Safari experience. Being a premiere wildlife concession it’s not exactly cheap but it is more affordable than some other camps which are ultra-luxurious. Rates for SADC clients are very reasonable, in the same range as far inferior camps. Despite being slightly more difficult to get to, I absolutely love this safari camp because of the quality of the game concession it sits in. Wilderness guides are also always of a high standard. Combinations of the Wilderness Camps in Mana Pools, Hwange and Victoria Falls area can be a brilliant way to round up a safari getaway. Offering comfort, luxury and great safari experiences.
• Tented safari camp in front of waterhole - lots of big game and plains game, some of the best game viewing in Hwange
• Wilderness Safari concession - one of three camps that they own
• Davisons Camp is the least expensive of the three
• Air and road transfer options
• Elephants are a popular sighting
• Great photographic opportunities
• Activities run by Wilderness Safaris and all on the concession
• Recommended for guests who want a genuine safari experience
• Combinations possible with sister camps in Mana Pools, Hwange and Victoria Falls
Accommodation• Six standard twin bed tents
• Two double tents
• One family tent with one twin and one double room
All rooms have:• En-suite bathrooms with wash basin, toilet and shower
• Ceiling fan
• Sleeper couch
• Veranda with table and safari chairs
• Storage space
• Fire extinguishers
Advantages• Simple but comfortable tents, each with a great view.
• Top quality game viewing opportunities.
• More affordably priced than other premiere camps.
• Great rates for SADC clients
• Located on a premiere Wilderness Private Concession.
• Professional and knowledgeable Guides.
• Many activities - including game drives, night drives, walks and the village tour.
Disadvantages• Remote location means access is best by charter flight which adds to the cost although 50% discount on flights is offered for stays of 3 days or more.
Dining• Indoor dining is under the dining area in the main lodge
• Outdoor dining is at the main lodge on the deck
• Private dining can be arranged on the veranda at a guest room
Facilities and Services• Laundry service
• Swimming Pool
• Viewing deck and fire pit
• Dining area and lounge
• Water hole on private concession
• Electricity generator
• 24 hour security
• Morning and evening game drives in Hwange National Park
• Nature walks
• Village Visits
• Bird watching
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• All meals and local drinks
• Two activities per day
• National Park fees
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Premium and imported beverages, and champagne
• Charter flights
• Access transfers
Children• Children over 6 years old are welcome. Children under 6 are allowed by special request.
• Children under 17 are required to share a room with an adult at all times.
• Children 0 - 2 years stay free of charge. Children 3 - 16 years old get 65% (low season) and 35% (high season) off the adult rate. Children 17 years and older stay at the full adult rate.
How to Get There
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..