Hwange Accommodation | Hwange Safari Lodge
Hwange Safari Lodge
The Hwange Safari Lodge gets you into the right area at an affordable price
The open central area with a fountain in the background
Hwange Safari Lodge is situated just outside the Hwange National Park boundary in a prime location overlooking a beautiful vlei and busy water hole. This is the only hotel in Hwange with all other accommodation on offer being smaller private camps or National Parks accommodation.
Just 185km from Victoria Falls, this easily accessible hotel surrounded by the vast savannah bush and grasslands of the Sikumi Forest Reserve had the pick of the spots when it was built back in 1973. It is perfectly placed for game drives into the National Park or around the lodge on their own private concession.
Being the only hotel in the Hwange area the Hwange Safari Lodge can cater to very diverse needs from families, couples and singles to tour groups and conferences. This 100 room hotel brings the feel of the African bush to you as you relax in your en-suite room, with either a view of the waterhole, surrounding savannah or the swimming pool area. The rooms have large windows and large glass doors which open up to a balcony or patio.
Being built in 1973 it has the feel of an older hotel, saying that each room has all the basic luxuries one would need and recent refurbishments have kept it up to standard. With a large swimming pool, two restaurants and a bar one can relax at the lodge and watch the wildlife wandering down to the waterhole.
Enjoy half or full day guided game drives into the legendary Hwange National Park which is home to one of the world’s largest elephant populations Explore some of the best parts of Hwange in one of the lodges game drive vehicles, or in your own vehicle. Night drives are also on offer, allowing you a chance to explore the private concession surrounding the lodge.
Different rate options from bed and breakfast through to fully inclusive of meals, drinks and activities, allow guests to choose an option that suits their budget and requirements.
• Located just outside the Hwange National Park boundary on its own private concession
• Easy access on good tar road - 185km from Victoria Falls
• Good location overlooking busy waterhole
• Comfortable hotel rooms and suites
• Onsite game viewing activities, plus tour to painted dog conservancy
• Suitable for all types of traveller from single to large groups
• Ideal for self-drive tourists
• Hotel experience – rather than an intimate safari experience
• Affordable price range with a variety of options from B&B to fully inclusive
Accommodation• 100 hotel rooms with view of the bush, pool or water hole
• Warm earthy and blue colours decorate the rooms
All rooms have:• Different views from the large windows and sliding glass doors
• En-suite bathroom with washbasin, flushing toilet, bathtub and shower
• Patio or balcony
• Shelves and drawers for storage
• Mosquito net
• Ceiling fans, air conditioning and heating
• Hair dryer
• Smoke detectors
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Writing desk
• Satellite TV in selected rooms only
Advantages• Located 5 minutes from Hwange National Park
• Activities inclusive for Fully Inclusive rates
• Nearby water hole and surrounded by lots of bush
• Quiet, relaxing hotel accommodation with many on-site activities
Dining• Poolside restaurant serving light snacks and buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, and barbeque
• Dingani Restaurant serving a la carte meals
• Bush dinners available on request
• Outside Water Hole bar opens seasonally or on request
Facilities and Services• Electricity
• Lounge, restaurants, bar, reception
• Parking and car wash
• Dry cleaning and laundry service
• Baby sitting service
• Credit card facilities
• Wheelchair access
• Wireless internet
• Room service
• Expert guides and staff
• Safety deposit boxes
• Airport transfers
• Curio shop
• Conference facilities
• Tennis courts
• Table tennis and indoor games
• Swimming pool and deck
• Raised viewing platform to watch nearby game
• Game drives (early morning, afternoon and night drives);
• Walking safari;
• Wildlife talks;
• Village visits (cultural and pottery village);
• Trips to Painted Dog Conservancy
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner and soft drinks
• 1 activity per day
Rates Exclude• Transfers
• Other meals and drinks not mentioned
How to Get There
• Fly to Hwange park airstrip and get picked up to go to Hwange Safari Lodge
Children• Children are most welcome at Hwange Safari Lodge.
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..