Hwange Accommodation | Hwange Safari Lodge
Hwange Safari Lodge
Hwange Safari Lodge gets you into the right area at an affordable price
This is the only hotel in the area, and it offers comfortable lodging at great prices, ideal for self drivers,
and those with young children.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
(B & B)
(B & B)
Hwange Safari Lodge is situated just outside the
Hwange National Park boundary in a prime location overlooking a beautiful vlei and busy water hole. This is the only hotel in Hwange with all other accommodation on offer being smaller private camps or National Parks accommodation.
Just 185km from
Victoria Falls, this easily accessible hotel surrounded by the vast savannah bush and grasslands of the Sikumi Forest Reserve had the pick of the spots when it was built back in 1973. It is perfectly placed for game drives into the National Park or around the lodge on their own private concession.
Being the only hotel in the Hwange area the Hwange Safari Lodge can cater to very diverse needs from families, couples and singles to tour groups and conferences. This 100 room hotel brings the feel of the African bush to you as you relax in your en-suite room, with either a view of the waterhole, surrounding savannah or the swimming pool area. The rooms have large windows and large glass doors which open up to a balcony or patio.
Being built in 1973 it has the feel of an older hotel, saying that each room has all the basic luxuries one would need and recent refurbishments have kept it up to standard. With a large swimming pool, two restaurants and a bar one can relax at the lodge and watch the wildlife wandering down to the waterhole.
Enjoy half or full day guided game drives into the legendary Hwange National Park which is home to one of the world’s largest elephant populations Explore some of the best parts of Hwange in one of the lodges game drive vehicles, or in your own vehicle. Night drives are also on offer, allowing you a chance to explore the private concession surrounding the lodge.
Different rate options from bed and breakfast through to fully inclusive of meals, drinks and activities, allow guests to choose an option that suits their budget and requirements.
Hwange Safari Lodge offers reasonably priced accommodation - cheaper than many of the smaller private safari camps. It has a prime location and the waterhole in front of the hotel is very active with wildlife both day and night (the floodlit waterhole is a highlight) However it is a hotel experience rather than an intimate safari experience. You will definitely have good game viewing but it does not have the quality or personality of one of the smaller private camps. It’s easily accessible and close to the main Bulawayo to Victoria Falls road making it ideal for self-drive tourist, although transfers can also be arranged.
The varying seasons in
Hwange will have a huge impact on your wallet and Safari experience.
The Green season (rainy season) will see incredible bird and insect life but reduced animal sightings. However lodge prices in most cases are dramatically reduced offering really good value.
The High season (dry season) is when animals congregate in vast numbers around the waterholes and National Geographic type scenes are commonplace. This is peak season and lodge prices escalate substantially.
Please feel free to contact us with details of your preferences and allow us the opportunity to discuss which time of year is going to suit you best.
**NB** Hwange Lodges in the peak season get over booked, it is advisable to plan and
book well in advance to ensure you get what you want.
• Located just outside the Hwange National Park boundary on its own private concession
• Easy access on good tar road - 185km from Victoria Falls
• Good location overlooking busy waterhole
• Comfortable hotel rooms and suites
• Onsite game viewing activities, plus tour to painted dog conservancy
• Suitable for all types of traveller from single to large groups
• Ideal for self-drive tourists
• Hotel experience – rather than an intimate safari experience
• Affordable price range with a variety of options from B&B to fully inclusive
Accommodation at Hwange Safari Lodge
• 100 hotel rooms with view of the bush, pool or water hole
• Warm earthy and blue colours decorate the rooms
All rooms have:
• Different views from the large windows and sliding glass doors
• En-suite bathroom with washbasin, flushing toilet, bathtub and shower
• Patio or balcony
• Shelves and drawers for storage
• Mosquito net
• Ceiling fans, air conditioning and heating
• Hair dryer
• Smoke detectors
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Writing desk
• Satellite TV in selected rooms only
• Located 5 minutes from Hwange National Park
• Activities inclusive for Fully Inclusive rates
• Nearby water hole and surrounded by lots of bush
• Quiet, relaxing hotel accommodation with many on-site activities
• Poolside restaurant serving light snacks and buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, and barbeque
• Dingani Restaurant serving a la carte meals
• Bush dinners available on request
• Outside Water Hole bar opens seasonally or on request
Facilities and Services
• Lounge, restaurants, bar, reception
• Parking and car wash
• Dry cleaning and laundry service
• Baby sitting service
• Credit card facilities
• Wheelchair access
• Wireless internet
• Room service
• Expert guides and staff
• Safety deposit boxes
• Airport transfers
• Curio shop
• Conference facilities
• Tennis courts
• Table tennis and indoor games
• Swimming pool and deck
• Raised viewing platform to watch nearby game
• Game drives (early morning, afternoon and night drives);
• Walking safari;
• Wildlife talks;
• Village visits (cultural and pottery village);
• Trips to Painted Dog Conservancy
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner and soft drinks
• 1 activity per day
• Other meals and drinks not mentioned
How to Get There
• Fly to Victoria Falls Airport then drive or transfer to Hwange Safari Lodge with prior arrangement
• Fly to Hwange park airstrip and get picked up to go to Hwange Safari Lodge
• Children are most welcome at Hwange Safari Lodge.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Hwange Safari Lodge to our Victoria Falls home page