Home | Hwange Accommodation | Nehimba Lodge
Situated on a private concession within the boundaries of the immense Hwange National Park. Nehimba Lodge is a top of the range Safari Lodge which offers the ultimate safari experience at the right price
Nehimba Lodge is in a great private wildlife concession surrounded by national park ensuring your safari experience will be first class. Consistent excellent reviews demonstrate what a good camp this is in all aspects.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
Hidden in a large private concession in the northern section of
National Park, Nehimba Lodge sits on
the edge of two ecotone regions. With this great diversity in habitats right on your doorstep - explore the Kalahari Sandveld that dominates the south or take advantage of the seemingly
endless Mopani forests spreading across the north of the National Park. This area is raw Africa, with
large populations of elephant and buffalo.
Plains game are plentiful with their accompanying predators following close behind. Lion, leopard,
painted hunting dog (Wild Dog) and hyena all complete in the ultimate test of survival.
Nehimba Lodge is only a 3.5 hour drive from
Victoria Falls, with the majority of this drive being through the National Park. Making it
very accessible to self-drive guests or via transfer to one of the National Parks gates where you will be met by a Nehimba vehicle which will then drive you into camp.
Seven spacious thatched rooms, include a honeymoon suite and two
family units. All are raised on wooden decks giving them a commanding view over an ever busy waterhole
in front of the camp. A great diversity of
fauna, both small and large are attracted to this water source as part of their daily route. Each of
the rooms boast an en-suite bathroom, out-door shower and their own private
balcony. The raised main area is tastefully decorated, and the swimming pool
allows at least some relief from the African heat.
Nehimba is located in the heart of it's own large private concession
in the centre of Hwange National Park.
Explore the diversity this area offers with one of the camp's professional guides by game-drive vehicle or
on foot for a more in-depth experience of the wonderful game park. Night-drives finish off the day
and bring in a whole new array of nocturnal species.
Nehimba Lodge is part of the Imvelo
group which includes
Bomani in south Hwange and
Gorges lodge in Victoria Falls,
which are 2 of our favourite places. The group maintains high standards and
Nehimba is no exception. It is in a great private wildlife concession surrounded
by national park ensuring your safari experience will be first class. Consistent
excellent reviews demonstrate what a good camp this is in all aspects.
Access from Victoria Falls is relatively
quick and easy by road transfer therefore reducing the cost of air charters. Pay for 2 / Stay for 3 specials during 2017 make this
camp the best value camp by far - especially in the high season and packaged
together with one of their sister camps makes a truly excellent safari holiday
The varying seasons in
Hwange will have a huge impact on your wallet and Safari experience.
The Green season (rainy season) will see incredible bird and insect life but reduced animal sightings. However lodge prices in most cases are dramatically reduced offering really good value.
The High season (dry season) is when animals congregate in vast numbers around the waterholes and National Geographic type scenes are commonplace. This is peak season and lodge prices escalate substantially.
Please feel free to contact us with details of your preferences and allow us the opportunity to discuss which time of year is going to suit you best.
**NB** Hwange Lodges in the peak season get over booked, it is advisable to plan and
book well in advance to ensure you get what you want.
• Nehimba sits on a 278sq-km private concession in the northern section of Hwange National Park
• 3.5 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls (two thirds of which is through Hwange National Park)
• The main guest area and all the guest accommodation overlook Nehimba Pan
• All seven thatched tents have a private balcony, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, hot running water and electricity by generator
• Game drives are conducted with expert safari guides in specially modified open 4WD safari vehicles, or go on a game walk and enjoy the thrill of approaching wildlife on foot
• Pair Nehimba with one of its sister camps in south Hwange or in
Victoria Falls for a great holiday combination
Accommodation at Nehimba Lodge
• Nine raised thatched chalets in total
• Five double rooms with king beds (one of which is a honeymoon suite)
• Two twin rooms
• Two family suites with one double and one twin bedroom
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathroom with bath tub
• Outdoor shower
• Private balcony facing the waterhole
• Ceiling fans
• Mosquito nets and repellent
• Mobile LED lamp
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Hair dryer
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Easily accessible for self-drive or by road transfer - only 3.5
hours from Victoria Falls
• Sits on a large private concession ensuring high quality game viewing
and that inmate experience
• Expert safari guides can take you on game drives or game walks
• Its location between two ecotone regions makes for large
variety of flora and fauna
• Can be packaged together with one of their sister camps
• 2017 specials make this the best value top end camp by a long way
• No SADC rates
• No close airstrip for those wanting a fly-in safari
• Dining area at the main lodge on the lower deck for outdoor group meals
Facilities and Services
• Main lodge has a few lounge areas and library
• Bar and dining area
• Swimming pool
• Laundry service
• Outdoor fire place
• Wi-Fi Internet
• Babysitting service
• Electricity via generator
• Game drives in Hwange National Park
• Game viewing in the Nehimba hide
• Bird watching
• Walking safaris
• Visit the Nehimba Seep
• Visit Mtoa Ruins
• Nehimba viewing platform at Grannies Pan
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• Two activities per day (see activities list above)
• All meals and local beverages
• Laundry service
• National Park fees
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• Premium and imported brand drinks
• Telephone calls
• Transfers from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
• Transfers to or from the lodge from Hwange Main Camp or Hwange Main Camp Airport
How to Get to Nehimba Lodge
• Self-drivers: From Vic Falls enter via the Mbala gate and Sinamatella camp. From Bulawayo
enter via Hwange Main Camp. Approximately 2.5 hours drive from either of these
camps through the national park as Nehimba sits almost exactly in the middle.
• Road transfer: Nehimba camp will collect from either Mbala boom or Main Camp at additional cost.
• Children under the age of 7 are only allowed by special arrangement.
• Children under the age of 12 pay 50% of the adult rate and must share
with an adult. Only 2 children are allowed to share a suite with an adult.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
website for any term you are looking for.
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Nehimba Lodge to our Victoria Falls home page