Hwange Accommodation | Nehimba Lodge
Situated on a private concession within the boundaries of the immense Hwange National Park. Nehimba Lodge is a top of the range Safari Lodge which offers the ultimate safari experience at the right price.
Elephants playing in the waterhole in front of sundowners (photo from Imvelo Safari Lodges)
Hidden in a large private concession in the northern section of Hwange, Nehimba Lodge sits on the edge of two ecotone regions. With this great diversity in habitats right on your doorstep - explore the Kalahari Sandveld that dominates the south or take advantage of the seemingly endless Mopani forests spreading across the north of the National Park. This area is raw Africa, with large populations of elephant and buffalo. Plains game are plentiful with their accompanying predators following close behind. Lion, leopard, painted hunting dog (Wild Dog) and hyena all complete in the ultimate test of survival.
Nehimba Lodge is only a 3.5 hour drive from Victoria Falls, with the majority of this drive being through the National Park. Making it very accessible to self-drive guests or via transfer to one of the National Parks gates where you will be met by a Nehimba vehicle which will then drive you into camp.
Seven spacious thatched rooms, include a honeymoon suite and two family units. All are raised on wooden decks giving them a commanding view over an ever busy waterhole in front of the camp. A great diversity of fauna, both small and large are attracted to this water source as part of their daily route. Each of the rooms boast an en-suite bathroom, out-door shower and their own private balcony. The raised main area is tastefully decorated, and the swimming pool allows at least some relief from the African heat.
Nehimba is located in the heart of it's own large private concession in the centre of Hwange National Park. Explore the diversity this area offers with one of the camp's professional guides by game-drive vehicle or on foot for a more in-depth experience of the wonderful game park. Night-drives finish off the day and bring in a whole new array of nocturnal species.
Nehimba Lodge is part of the Imvelo group which includes Bomani in south Hwange and Gorges lodge in Victoria Falls, which are 2 of our favourite places. The group maintains high standards and Nehimba is no exception. It is in a great private wildlife concession surrounded by national park ensuring your safari experience will be first class. Consistent excellent reviews demonstrate what a good camp this is in all aspects.
Access from Victoria Falls is relatively quick and easy by road transfer therefore reducing the cost of air charters. Pay for 2 / Stay for 3 specials during 2016 make this camp the best value camp by far - especially in the high season and packaged together with one of their sister camps makes a truly excellent safari holiday combination.
• Nehimba sits on a 278sq-km private concession in the northern section of Hwange National Park
• 3.5 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls (two thirds of which is through Hwange National Park)
• The main guest area and all the guest accommodation overlook Nehimba Pan
• All seven thatched tents have a private balcony, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, hot running water and electricity by generator
• Game drives are conducted with expert safari guides in specially modified open 4WD safari vehicles, or go on a game walk and enjoy the thrill of approaching wildlife on foot
• Pair Nehimba with one of its sister camps in south Hwange or in Victoria Falls for a great holiday combination
Accommodation• Seven raised thatched chalets in total
• Four double rooms with king beds (one of which is a honeymoon suite)
• One twin room
• Two family suites with one double and one twin bedroom
All rooms have:• En-suite bathroom with bath tub
• Outdoor shower
• Private balcony facing the waterhole
• Ceiling fans
• Mosquito nets and repellent
• Mobile LED lamp
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Hair dryer
• Tea/coffee making facilities
Advantages• Easily accessible for self-drive or by road transfer - only 3.5 hours from Victoria Falls
• Sits on a large private concession ensuring high quality game viewing and that inmate experience
• Expert safari guides can take you on game drives or game walks
• Its location between two ecotone regions makes for large variety of flora and fauna
• Can be packaged together with one of their sister camps
• 2016 specials make this the best value top end camp by a long way
Disadvantages• No SADC rates
• No close airstrip for those wanting a fly-in safari
Dining• Dining area at the main lodge on the lower deck for outdoor group meals
Facilities and Services• Main lodge has a few lounge areas and library
• Bar and dining area
• Swimming pool
• Laundry service
• Outdoor fire place
• Wi-Fi Internet
• Babysitting service
• Electricity via generator
• Game drives in Hwange National Park
• Game viewing in the Nehimba hide
• Bird watching
• Walking safaris
• Visit the Nehimba Seep
• Visit Mtoa Ruins
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• Two activities per day (see activities list above)
• All meals and local beverages
• Laundry service
• National Park fees
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Premium and imported brand drinks
• Telephone calls
• Transfers from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
• Transfers to or from the lodge from Hwange Main Camp or Hwange Main Camp Airport
How to Get There
• Nehimba camp will collect from either Mbala boom or Main Camp at additional cost.
• Self drive.
• Children under the age of 7 are only allowed by special arrangement.
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..