Hwange Accommodation | Somalisa Camp
Twin camps in the heart of Hwange National Park, Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia offer luxury and seclusion in one of the best game viewing areas in the park
A luxury standrd tent at Somalisa Acacia (photo - African Bush Camps)
Located on a private concession deep within the heart of Hwange National Park, Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia, can offer some of the best game viewing opportunities within the park. After a 4-5 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls or a 40minute charter flight, you will find yourself indulging in the simple luxuries these two camps have to offer.
Both of the camps are nested under a beautiful grove of Acacia trees, allowing some spectacular views across the plains in front of camp. Somalisa Camp, the larger of the two, has 6 luxury en-suite tents all with their own simple luxuries, making these tents more than comfortable. The main area offers all that you could need including a small plunge pool over looking the bustling waterhole, which is the main focus of the camp.
Somalisa Acacia is a more intimate camp with only 4 luxury tents on low wooden platforms, these are no less luxurious than the other camp. A smaller waterhole, which often becomes very busy in the dry season, is positioned perfectly in front of the small but appealing main area.
The two camps are next to each other and therefore provide the same activities. Game Drives through the private concession, night drives, safari walks, and game viewing from the hide are all on offer to you, and should keep you more than occupied throughout the day. However if you choose to relax in camp, you can take advantage of the comfort of the rooms or watch the game wandering through, to and from the waterhole.
These two camps can easily be paired with one of the other 'African Bush Camps' Lodges within Zimbabwe or Botswana rounding off a nice safari getaway in some of the most productive game viewing areas in Southern Africa.
• Located deep within Hwange National Park
• Somalisa and Somalisa Acacia Camps located next to each other 4-5 hours from Victoria Falls
• On private concession
• Somalisa Acacia is more offers more privacy than Somalisa Camp
• Both camps offer the same activities
• Safari vacation can be paired with sister camps in Mana Pools and/or Botswana.
Accommodation• Somalisa Camp - Seven tented rooms in total, with a maximum capacity of 14 people.
• Somalisa Acacia - Four rooms in total. Two standard tents and two family tents with a double room and a twin room, for up to 10 people.
All rooms have:• En-suite bathrooms with flush toilet and outdoor shower
• Writing desk
• Storage space
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Veranda with views of the waterhole
Advantages• Located on a Private Concession.
• Professional and knowledgeable guides
• Many activities including game drives, night drives, walking and a game viewing hide
• Great game viewing possibilities
• Can be paired with other safari camps in Mana Pools (Zimbabwe) and Botswana, in some of the best safari areas in Africa
Disadvantages• Long transfer time by road, but within the national park, making it a game drive as well.
Dining• Group dining in the main lodge
• Private dining on request
• All meals are included
Facilities and Services• The tented main lodge has a dining area and lounge with a small library
• Splash pool
• Electricity supply via generator, solar and paraffin lamps
• Armed escort in the evenings
• Laundry Service
• Satellite phone in case of emergencies
Activities (offered at both camps):
• Bird watching
• Game drives
• Guided walks
• Night drives
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• All meals and local drinks
• National Parks fees
• Two activities per day (see details above)
• Transfers from the nearest airstrip
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• All premium imported brands and champagne
Children• Somalisa Camp: Children below 7 years are not allowed, except by special request.
• Somalisa Acacia: Children of all ages are welcome. There are 2 family units at the camp.
• Children below 16 may take part in nature walks around the camp, but may not go on walking safaris.
How to Get There
• Fly-in by charter flight, 40 minutes from Victoria Falls, and then take a 30 minute road transfer into camp.
• Road transfer from Victoria Falls via Main Camp - approximately 4 to 5 hrs.
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..