| Zambezi Queen
Moored on the northern banks of the Chobe River, the Zambezi Queen offers luxury sailing traversing 25km of the river in unsurpassed elegance and comfort - a unique African river safari
The luxurious houseboat sailing on the Chobe River
Moving along the banks of the great Chobe River, Zambezi Queen is a 5-star, 42-metre long luxury houseboat offering unparalleled sophistication in one of the most remote locations on the planet. Best of all, as a guest on the vessel, you can enjoy a truly unique and adventurous river safari holiday while still being surrounded by complete comfort and elegance.
Each of the 14 suites on the vessel features air-conditioning and your own private balcony, where you can enjoy unobstructed views of the Chobe River and African landscape beyond. Wake up to the sight of an elephant drinking from the river, or watch a fish eagle take flight – all from the comfort of your own luxurious bed.
Unlike a land-based lodge, Zambezi Queen navigates roughly 25km of the Chobe River, allowing you to explore different vantage points and enjoy unparalleled game viewing. In fact, the banks of the Chobe River boast one of the densest populations of elephant on the African continent. The national park is also home to a large number of buffalo, leopard and lion, along with a variety of antelope and abundant birdlife.
Built in the early 1990s, Zambezi Queen was first designed to carry guests on extended journeys from Katima Mulilo down the Chobe and Zambezi rivers and back. However, the sheer size of the vessel made navigating difficult, and shortly after her inception, Zambezi Queen ended up moored along the river bank, eventually becoming a floating hotel to visitors to the Caprivi Region of Namibia. In 2014, Zambezi Queen was grouped with her three Chobe Princesses to form the Zambezi Queen Collection, a stable of luxury houseboats that capture the true spirit and adventure of Africa.
All suites come with en-suite bathrooms (shower only) and full length sliding shutters for both privacy and protection from the sun. Hairdryers, toiletries, gowns and slippers are provided for your comfort, while electronic safes in each room are ideal for storing your valuables. All suites accommodate two adults, and two of the larger standard suites can take a maximum of three adults. Suites can be configured with either one double or two single beds.
Several environmentally friendly standards have been set on the Zambezi Queen. They run the latest, most fuel efficient and lowest emission generators during the day. After 22h00, the entire boat switches over to the battery power through the night. Hot water is provided by a solar heating system on-board the vessel and energy-saving lights are installed through the vessel. All cleaning detergents and amenities on the houseboats are biodegradable, and they use an eight-stage river water purification plant for water in showers, taps and the pool. A water jet propulsion system replaces the conventional propeller system causing no damage to the riverbed and/or fauna and flora.
A stay on-board Zambezi Queen is a different kind of safari. It’s the kind where you get to decide if you want to be up with the birds, or prefer to laze all morning watching game from the comfort of your bed. The itinerary is flexible so while there are a range of activities on offer, you can choose just how much you want to pack into your holiday or how relaxed you want to be. The houseboat offers 2 and 3 night itineraries, as well as 4 night sailing dates in October and December.
Summary• 5-star luxury houseboat which sails on the Chobe River
• Comfortable suites with views of the Chobe River and surrounding landscape
• Large herds of big game can be seen from the houseboat
• Used to carry guests from Katima Mulilo all the way down to the Zambezi River
• Part of a collection of houseboats which include three Chobe Princess vessels
• Eco-friendly houseboats
• 2, 3 and 4 night itineraries
Accommodation• 14 suites in total with either a double bed or two single beds
• 10 standard suites - can accommodate 2 adults
• 4 master suites which are larger than the standard suites, and have larger balconies - can accommodate up to 3 adults
• 2 of the rooms are triples, which can accommodate a third adult or child sharing with parents
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathroom with toilet, wash basins, and shower
• Excellent location on the Chobe River, with views of the Chobe National Park
• Luxury accommodation and facilities
• Great rates that are fully inclusive
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner are inclusive in the rate.
• A bar is also on the upper deck. Local beverages are inclusive.
Facilities and Services
• Common area with lounge, bar and dining room
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation on board Zambezi Queen
• All meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee & tea, beer & wine throughout your stay
• Road Transfers to & from Kasane Airport and Kasane Immigration Office on the Botswana side of the Chobe River on Zambezi Queen Arrival & Zambezi Queen Departure Day
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Air tickets
• Alcoholic beverages (such as bubbly, spirits & dessert wines)
• Additional transfers to/from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia of any of the Kasane Lodges
• A land-based half- day 4x4 game viewing in Botswana's Chobe National Park (passport required). This game drive can only be done on the arrival or departure day depending on your arrangements
• Children 7 years of age and above are welcome
• Triple rooms are available for kids sharing with their parents (Max 1 child per suite) - a third single bed which can be used for either a 3rd Adult or 1 child (aged 7 to 15 Years)
• One Child sharing with One Adult, Child receives a 20% discount off the applicable adult rate
• One Child sharing with Two Adults, Child receives a 50% discount off the applicable adult rate
• Children 16 years and above are considered adults
• There are no special activities or meals for children
How to Get There
• If you are driving, make your way to Kasane to the immigration office where
secure parking will be made available. You will be met by the Chobe Princesses
staff for immigration procedures, and your boat transfer to Namibia and the
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..