(South Africa )
The airport is new, well designed and beautiful. However, on 19/12/2023 my flight to Johannesburg was delayed. My family and i went to the bar to have some drinks while we waiting for the flight to arrive. We noted the following concerns
1. The tables and chairs are extremely dirty and sticky with dirt.
2. The air condition system was not working and the place was extremely hot . Of course electricity was available something was wrong with the air conditioning system. The air conditioning systems in the duty free shops were working.
3. The waiters were sweating and thier clothes were soaked. Now think about it to be served food by such a waiter.
4. The payment systems was not working. A guy who seem to the boss had to go and borrow a card payment machine from a curio shop. A group of girls were so frustrated about the whole process. Fortunately i had cash to pay for the 2 Zambezi beer lagers i had.
6. The kitchen for the bar really need to be fixed. We could see the old kitchen equipment they were using. A total turn off.
7. All these things are not difficult to manage if the airport management play their part. Standby fans can be in place, have more payment points.
The service provider must be replaced by an efficient and focused service provider. Surely Victoria Falls has a number of top notch service provider who can do the job.
This kind of poor services doesn't promote return visits and just pushes the narrative that Zimbabwe is a horrible place to be. My family and I had fun and enjoyed the hopitality of the hotels in town and the falls.
Please airport manager do your job and contribute to promote tourism in Zimbabwe.
[Top of Page]
THE VIC FALLS BUSH TELEGRAPH
our Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter
Each issue has a destination update, loads of information about conservation and wildlife, specials offers, traveller tips, community projects, website highlights and tons more...
Find out more about our Bush Telegraph
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain perfect!"
Don't worry. Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it
only to send you The Vic Falls Bush Telegraph.
Return to our home page