Victoria Falls Property
Property in Victoria Falls has become highly sought after for various reason, find out why below...
Victoria Falls is a Natural Wonder of the World, and sits at the epicentre of
vast and prime wildlife parks. Sunshine is plentiful, tourism is booming and the
people are amongst the friendliest you will find on this planet, so it's no
surprise that it has become a sought after destination.
The property market in Victoria Falls has changed quite dramatically over the
last few years. This page has been completely rewritten in 2018 as the
information detailed on it previously became obsolete.
Property Market on the Zimbabwean Side of Victoria Falls.
Scepticism over Zimbabwe's political situation kept most buyers away for
years, only bold investors who had a strong belief that things would eventually
change risked their money, that risk has now paid off for them.
Things started to accelerate when the new Victoria Falls International
Airport was officially opened in November 2016. Victoria Falls was fast being
seen as the hub for the entire region. Tourist numbers started to increase
rapidly, but investors remained cautious because of Zimbabwe's then president;
Robert Mugabe. A year later in November 2017 he was ousted and things
With this renewed hope of a stable government and a
rebounding economy, Victoria Falls became the focus of extreme interest and now
it's not too dissimilar to a mini gold rush, as people clamber to get in,
looking for houses, B&B's, vacant land both commercial and residential. You
might also be looking for property which is possibly why you are reading this
Fuelling the problem is the acute shortage of supply. Victoria Falls is
surrounded by national parks and communal land so at this stage, there is very
little room for expansion. The town itself is relatively small and available
properties are very limited, without people leaving and more people coming in
the situation gets even more dire.
Are Victoria Falls properties expensive?
Over demand and under supply leads to inflated prices, which is exactly what
has happened. The odd property that has changed hands has gone for what would be
unimaginable figures a few years back. Whether that trend is sustainable remains
to be seen, personally I think there is a limit and prices will level out.
What properties are available?
A glimmer of relief at the moment is a large block of land released by the
town council back in 2016. There are over 200 undeveloped residential and a few
commercial stands of
varying sizes but mostly 2000sqm. As they were released they were immediately
sold and even then were over-subscribed, but the chances are that some of these
were speculatively bought and as the development progresses, the current owners
will be happy to part with their stands for a handsome profit. There is also at
least one housing development planned that I know of which will bring +/-40
small houses onto the market.
We are continually contacted regarding lodge or hotel sites with Zambezi
River frontage. The fact is that on the Zimbabwean side 99% of the Zambezi river
between Victoria Falls and the Kazungula border is National Parks and not zoned
for development. There is a small section of river possibly only 2kms where
development can take place, this section is mostly jetty sites for the sunset
cruise boats but there is one hotel, a restaurant and the boat club. Another
hotel is possibly being developed, but in short there is no land available. If
you want river frontage it is best to look in Zambia... read more below.
There is no licensed estate agent based in Victoria Falls and so most
properties change hands via word of mouth or through websites like ours. What I
know of is advertised below.
Can I join a mailing list to get property updates?-
If you would like to join our mailing list then please enter your details
form at the bottom of this page. This is the quickest way to get notified of properties coming onto the
market, be it a hotel, lodge site, housing development or residential property.
When we know of something we will send you an email straightaway.
Property Market on the Zambian Side of Victoria Falls
The town of Livingstone on the Zambian side is much larger than that of
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. It also seems to have less appeal for various
reasons, so the critical supply and demand equation is not the same as Zimbabwe. I do not
live in Livingstone, so unfortunately I am not close to hand to what becomes
available in and around that town.
Zambezi River frontage properties
But one big differential between the two sides is that the Zambians have not
kept their Zambezi River frontage as a National Park like the Zimbabweans. This
means that river frontage properties are available, some of which we advertise
below. These properties look across the river to Zimbabwe's prime National Park
and pristine river frontage. However tourism opportunities differ substantially
between the two countries and therefore it is important if you are considering
investing to understand the markets of both fully.
I have a property for sale...can I advertise?
If you have a property for sale, then please
contact us. We have a huge database of customers who are already looking for
properties to buy and we are confident that if your property is correctly priced
for what it is then we can find you a buyer quite quickly. We charge a small
advertising fee for your listing. All enquires will be forwared to you.
Property for Sale In and Around Victoria Falls
Price:- US$ 450 000 - Property Ref No: - 0898
Residential Home for sale in Medium Density Area
• Medium Density Home, Old Aerodrome
• Property Size: 1,300 m2
• Perfect new build: Ideal as a family home or for Airbnb, this modern open-plan house
• Covered verandah
• Accommodation for staff
• Garage with big storage and 2 carports
• 2 Water tanks with pressure pumps
• Fully walled with electric gate
• The main house (200m2) has an office, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan living area and kitchen area, walk through cupboard area
• Plus a private spacious one bed room, self contained studio separate to the main house
• Close to all amenities, it is set in established grounds in quiet road of the Medium density area.
Price:- US$ 1 200 000 - Property Ref No: - 0899
Commercial Premise for Sale - Victoria Falls CBD
• Commercial Property on main street
• Land: 1,001 m2
• Private seller and Property registered in personal names
• Copy of title deed available on request.
• Deed of Grant was 10th August 1970
• Deed of Transfer was 27th December 1991
• This property is all about maximising space & opportunity - don't think horizontally - think vertically! 1000m2 x 3 floors (plus flat roof viewing point)! The views towards the Falls and the Gorges would be spectacular.
This is a rare opportunity that lends itself to a large variety of ideas, schemes and dreams. In the first instance, it could be purchased and then just sit back and enjoy an excellent rental income on your investment, whilst taking advantage of the capital appreciation. Excellent tenants hoping to continue their leases! Presently full advantage of the rental potential is not taken due to the current marketing to find a new owner. Reason for sale is retirement.
Originally this location (Victoria Falls CBD) had a height restriction of tree-line back then and the Title Deeds says “2 storey with a dwelling on the first floor”. Subsequently the height restriction has been increased to 11 metres. To the left of stand 307 between Fox/West and Parkway, a 3 storey building is in progress. On Reynard Road, a 4 storey building is going up and what they have done is put a concrete flat roof on to come in at 11 metres. (The owner says if they were 20 years younger - They would go upwards to the maximum and put a penthouse on top!)
Currently there are retails shop fronts as well as additional shops/storage rooms in a courtyard behind forward facing retail shops. The back of the property can be accessed for delivery purposes via a public car park. Walking access is also available through an archway from an ally running the length of the property from the street frontage to the back of the premises.
Price:- US$ 400 000 - Property Ref No: - 0900
Two Residences under one title
• Residential property, regularised for use as a guest house
• Size: 2,165 m2
• Reggistered in a company name
• Long standing tenants who understand the property is on the market and hope to continue their lease agreements if possible
• Unique investment property with beautiful trees
• Walled and (electric) gated
• Covered carports for up to 6 cars
• Good municipal water as well as raw water
• Both residents have separate water and electricity meters
Lounge + dining area both with ceiling fans. 3 Bedrooms. Main en-suite. Ceiling fan, and has a dressing room/nursery attached 1x Bath, basin and toilet plus 1 x Shower, basin and toilet. Kitchen with units, pantry & laundry & stainless steel twin laundry tub.
2 bedrooms each with en suite facilities. 1 with shower, basin and toilet & the other with bath, basin and loo. Both bedrooms have air conditioners and have the capacity to cool the entire house. 2 x Ceiling fans - one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. Store room and staff rooms attached to back of house with basin shower & loo.
Price:- US$ 120 000 - Property Ref No: - 0901
Residential Stand in Victoria Falls
• Urgent Sale
• Size: 2,000 m2
• Price guide: US$ 120 000, offers invited
• Good road network into Victoria Falls City centre and airport
Price:- US$ 160 000 - Property Ref No: - 0902
Hwange House on Baobab Hill for Sale
• Recently rennovated 4-bedroom home, MES
• Lounge, separate dinning room, kitchen with separate pantry
• Full bathroom with separate toilet additional to ensuite bathroom
• Gwaai (quarry) tiled throughout
• Lounge, dinning room and bedrooms have fans with new air conditioners in lounge and main bedroom
• Gwaai tiled verandah covered out of front door / dining room glass opening doors
• Overlooks the bush as high up on Baobab Hill so a nice breeze as well
• Small covered verandah of main bedroom
• Nice big storeroom accessed from the outside under the main bedroom
• Full domestic quarters with a double covered carport
• Property is surrounded on 3 sides by a full dura wall. The front is fenced that allows view onto the bush.
• All bedrooms have full built in cupboards
• New LED light fittings inside and outside
• The swimming pool is currently not functional.
Price:- US$ 580 000 - Property Ref No: - 0852
Lower Zambezi Fishing Lodge
• An established fishing lodge on the banks of the Zambezi River near the Lower Zambezi National Park
• The price is US$ 580 000.00
• Size - 130 hectares this is a large site for a lodge, with a generous 2km of Zambezi river frontage.
• The land is held by way of 99 year title, to be sold out of an existing company.
• The magnificent surroundings are ideal for land or river based excursions.
Price:- US$ 2 500 000 - Property Ref No: - 0896
Zambezi Home For Sale
• Gracious home on the banks of the Zambezi river in Western Zambia
• The price is US$ 2 500 000.00
• Size - 16 acres of land.
• The tenure is held by way of a 25 year renewable leas.
• It is not a commercial lease no "fees" are payable.
Lots more - Click here for full details on this property
Click Here to see Victoria Falls properties that have been sold...
[Top of Page]
[Back to All Properties]
[Top of Page]
THE VIC FALLS BUSH TELEGRAPH
our Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter
Each issue has a destination update, loads of information about conservation and wildlife, specials offers, traveller tips, community projects, website highlights and tons more...
Find out more about our Bush Telegraph
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain perfect!"
Don't worry. Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it
only to send you The Vic Falls Bush Telegraph.
Victoria Falls Property to our Victoria Falls home page