Victoria Falls Marathon is a high profile international marathon and half marathon taking place in August every year. This event is said to be one of the most thrilling races on the continent.
"Where else in the world do you have elephants at the water-points, and game on the race route, and the post-race party on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River?" said promoter John Addison of Wild Frontiers.
AND if the race is not enough for you the options of white water rafting, canoeing, bungee jumping, elephant back safaris, lion walks etc. should certainly make the trip worth your while.
Not forgetting the Mighty Victoria Falls - one of the seven wonders of the world!!!!!
A few reasons to make this a date in your diary ....
1) The only race in the world that crosses an international border from Zimbabwe to Zambia.
2) You will run through a National Park and World Heritage site - how unique is that?
3) Operated by a team of experienced logistics personnel, and to IAAF standards -becoming established in the world running community.
4) Full and half marathons, as well as a 5km fun run.
5) Filmed and televised Africa- wide on Supersport and also in the USA.
6) Attracts runners from over 24 countries around the world.
And last but not least - One of the most SCENIC places on the continent to RUN.....
"We anticipate this race to grow into a large 'must do' event in Africa, maybe even rivalling some of the bigger SOUTH African events such Two Oceans etc. but a lot better and more fun!" said Addision.
Themed "Come and Run in a New Zimbabwe", organisers plan to use the event to raise money for schools in the Victoria Falls township of Chinotimba. Past events have supported such causes as AIDS orphans in Victoria Falls.
Victoria Falls Marathon, News and Updates
If you have anything to share about the Victoria Falls Marathon. Please do so in the box below
Latest Stories, News and Updates from the Vic Falls Marathon
Click on the links below, they will open a new page.
The Econet Victoria Falls Marathon 2013
Victoria Falls Marathon & Zambezi Man Challenge 2011
Victoria Falls Marathon - August 2010
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this site for any term you are looking for..
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Victoria Falls Homepage | About Us | Contact Us | Booking Enquiry | Victoria Falls Accommodation |