Ilala is a distinguished and upmarket hotel situated within 5 minutes walk of the Victoria Falls..........
Outside dining on the terrace of Ilala Lodge
Ilala Lodge has 56 Luxury Rooms
It is one of the small privately owned Victoria Falls lodges, situated within walking distance of the mighty Victoria Falls and the town centre. The Lodge offers upmarket accommodation in a gracious and secluded ambiance and the décor evokes a feeling of adventure and romance.
Borders the Zambezi National Park and one can often see warthog and other wild animals grazing on the lawn.......On arrival in the vibrant reception area you are served with a long cold drink and made to feel welcome in this small and personal lodge.
The hotel grounds are secluded and well maintained and borders the Zambezi National Park and one can often see warthog and other wild animals grazing on the lawn.
The hotel has a large terrace running along the front of it and the view from here, of the never ending spray from the Falls, is enchanting.The swimming pool has a large wooden sun deck perfect to sit around and soak up a bit of the African sun.
In late 2015, an entirely new section of the hotel was build to increase capacity. Ilala Lodge went from having 32 standard and deluxe rooms to 56 rooms which now include regular suites and executive suites, still holding that personalised and intimate level of service and attention to detail. All the rooms are fitted with attractive railway (tie) sleeper furniture adding a magical touch of Africa.We would suggest that this hotel is best suited to the slightly more mature traveller, because of the quiet and peaceful ambiance.
* Palm Restaurant - located on the terrace is an elegant restaurant offering an a la carte menu which includes some local dishes.
They have a piano player to entertain guests and the atmosphere with the sound of the mighty Victoria Falls in the background is lovely.
Breakfast is full English buffets, or continental depending on your mood. Light snacks are also served for lunch from the a la carte menu.
Advantages• Location close to the Falls and walking distance to town centre
• Romantic and intimate
• Suitable for the more mature traveller
• Elephant and other wild animal are sometimes seen in the gardens
Accommodation• 56 Rooms in total
• 32 Standard Rooms - 26 twin and 6 double rooms
• 20 Deluxe Rooms - 12 double rooms and 8 twin rooms
• 2 Standard Suites - double rooms and an additional 3/4 twin bed is offered for either an extra adult or child, and is neatly tucked around the corner in a private section of the room
• 2 Executive Suites - double rooms
All rooms have:• En-suite Bathrooms
• Air Conditioning
• Satellite TV
• Overhead Fan
Facilities• The Palm Restaurant
• Cocktail Bar
• River Cruises
• Room Service
• Swimming Pool
• Conference Facilities - Fully air conditioned and equipped conference facility. With seating for 40 people classroom style and 80 cinema style.
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..