Shoestrings Backpackers Lodge
“ Shoestrings is the night life of Victoria Falls”.....
If you are wanting a party or just some good company this backpackers lodge is about the only place on the Zimbabwe side that you will find it happening most nights.
It is a brightly coloured backpackers lodge which is situated a short five minutes from town centre, not luxury but laid back and definitely for the more young at heart, who are more interested in a party than a good nights sleep. The location is great right in the centre of town, and it is easy walking distance to the Falls, shops, curio market and booking agents.
The lodge have their own curio shop at the bottom of the garden and you are able to book all your activities on site through their sister company Backpackers Bazaar.
There is a swimming pool and big shady garden with tables and chairs dotted around. Where most days you can find a few local guides and other travellers – enjoying each others company.
We recommend Shoestrings for the younger crowd and the young at heart - for very cheap accommodation in a party atmosphere.
Accommodation at Shoestrings Backpackers
• All the double and twin rooms are en-suite and linen is provided. Rooms are clean and simple and exactly what one would expect for the budget price.
• There is also a small area on the lawn at the front or back of the lodge where you can pitch your tents with basic ablutions near by.
• There is a communal kitchen where you can cook yourself a very basic meal or eat from the Blue Baboon which serves pizza, hamburgers etc.
• The bar literally rocks most nights with local Victoria Falls residents and other young travellers although it does close at 12.00pm. There is a pool table and Satellite TV for your enjoyment.
• Internet Access and internet room
• Security Lockers
• Luggage Storage
• Guest Kitchen
• Swimming Pool
• Airport pick-up and drops off can be arranged
• Great location five minutes from town and within walking distance to The Falls
• Friendly and laid back atmosphere
• Party and music most nights
• Recommended for the younger traveller – who is not looking for a quiet and peaceful location
How to Get to Shoestrings - Victoria Falls
• Self drivers - Turn left or right into Parkway Drive at the Shearwater Cafe, take a short drive and turn left into Fox Drive, when you meet West Drive you will see a bright wall and you have found the place
• Transfers can be arranged from Victoria Falls, Livingstone or Kasane Airports.
Contact us for assistance.
Matthew D. Firestone
Lonely Planet author
"If you're looking for a guaranteed good time, Shoestrings Backpackers is just about the only place on the Zimbabwean side of life that still parties up a storm each and every night.
Shoestrings Backpackers is a popular stop for the overland truck crowd, though the festive ambiance also draws in a good number of independent travellers. By night however, Shoestrings is the only guaranteed party in town, so even if you're not staying here, be sure to drop by and kick back a few rounds of Zambezi lager with the friendly staff.
Rooms are fairly basic, though guests can take advantage of the communal kitchen, on-site bar, restaurant and swimming pool. It is also conveniently located in the centre of town, and within easy walking distance to the falls".
[Top of Page]
THE VIC FALLS BUSH TELEGRAPH
our Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter
Each issue has a destination update, loads of information about conservation and wildlife, specials offers, traveller tips, community projects, website highlights and tons more...
Find out more about our Bush Telegraph
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain perfect!"
Don't worry. Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it
only to send you The Vic Falls Bush Telegraph.
Return from Shoestrings to our Victoria Falls home page