Home | Hwange Accommodation | Somalisa Camp
Twin camps in the heart of Hwange National Park, Somalisa offers luxury and seclusion in one of the best game viewing areas in the park
Located on a private concession deep within the heart of
Hwange National Park,
Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia, can offer some of the best game viewing
opportunities within the park. After a 4-5 hour road transfer from
Falls or a 40-minute charter flight, you will find yourself indulging in the
simple luxuries these two camps have to offer.
Both of the camps are nested under a beautiful grove of
Acacia trees, allowing some spectacular views across the plains in front of
camp. Somalisa Camp, the larger of the two, has 7 luxury en-suite tents all with
their own simple luxuries, making these tents more than comfortable. The main
area offers all that you could need including a small plunge pool over looking
the bustling waterhole, which is the main focus of the camp.
Somalisa Acacia is a more intimate camp with only 4 luxury tents on low wooden
platforms, these are no less luxurious than the other camp. A smaller waterhole,
which often becomes very busy in the dry season, is positioned perfectly in
front of the small but appealing main area.
The two camps are next to each other and therefore provide the same activities.
Game Drives through the private concession, night drives, safari walks, and game
viewing from the hide are all on offer to you, and should keep you more than
occupied throughout the day. However if you choose to relax in camp, you can
take advantage of the comfort of the rooms or watch the game wandering through,
to and from the waterhole.
The varying seasons in
Hwange will have a huge impact on your wallet and Safari experience.
The Green season (rainy season) will see incredible bird and insect life but reduced animal sightings. However lodge prices in most cases are dramatically reduced offering really good value.
The High season (dry season) is when animals congregate in vast numbers around the waterholes and National Geographic type scenes are commonplace. This is peak season and lodge prices escalate substantially.
Please feel free to contact us with details of your preferences and allow us the opportunity to discuss which time of year is going to suit you best.
**NB** Hwange Lodges in the peak season get over booked, it is advisable to plan and
book well in advance to ensure you get what you want.
Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia are located in a great game viewing area, especially for elephant, and provides intimate safari in the heart of Hwange. These camps can easily be paired with one of the other 'African Bush Camps' Lodges within Zimbabwe (Mana Pools and Kariba) or
Botswana (Linyati and Khwai) rounding off a nice safari getaway in some of the most productive game viewing areas in Southern Africa.
• Located deep within Hwange National Park
• Somalisa and Somalisa Acacia Camps located next to each other 4-5
hours from Victoria Falls
• On private concession
• Somalisa Acacia offers more privacy than Somalisa Camp
• Both camps offer the same activities
• Safari vacation can be paired with sister camps in
Mana Pools and/or
How to Book
You can book
by sending us an Enquiry Form. We
can also help you plan your vacation at no extra cost.
Accommodation at Somalisa Camp
• Somalisa Camp - Seven tented rooms in total, with a maximum
capacity of 14 people.
• Somalisa Acacia - Four rooms in total. Two standard tents and two
family tents with a double room and a twin room, for up to 12 people.
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathrooms with flush toilet, his and hers washbasins, copper slipper-style bathrub, and indoor and outdoor showers
• Overhead fan
• Mosquito nets
• Gauze sliding doors
• Writing desk
• Storage space
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Covered deck with views of the local waterhole
• Located on a Private Concession.
• Professional and knowledgeable guides
• Many activities including game drives, night drives, walking and a game viewing hide
• Great game viewing possibilities
• Can be paired with other safari camps in Mana Pools (Zimbabwe) and Botswana,
in some of the best safari areas in Africa
• Long transfer time by road, but within the national park, making it a game drive as well.
• Group dining in the main lodge
• Private dining on request
• All meals are included
Facilities and Services
• The tented main lodge has a dining area, lounge with a small library,
bar and outer viewing deck
• Splash pool
• Electricity supply via generator, solar and paraffin lamps
• Armed escort in the evenings
• Laundry Service
• Satellite phone in case of emergencies
• Activities (offered at both camps): Bird watching; Game drives; Guided walks; Night drives
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• All meals and local drinks
• Two activities per day (see details above)
• Transfers from the nearest airstrip
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• All premium imported brands and champagne
• National Parks fees
• Conservation fees
• Somalisa Camp: Children below 7 years are not allowed, except by special request.
• Somalisa Acacia: Children of all ages are welcome. There are 2 family units at the camp.
• Children below 16 may take part in nature walks around the camp, but
may not go on walking safaris.
How to Get to Somalisa Camp
• Fly-in by charter flight, 40 minutes from Victoria Falls, and then take
a 30 minute road transfer into camp.
• Road transfer from Victoria Falls via Main Camp - approximately 4 to 5 hrs.
How to Book
You can book
by sending us an Enquiry Form and we will help you plan and book your holiday for free
[Top of Page]
THE VIC FALLS BUSH TELEGRAPH
our Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter
Each issue has a destination update, loads of information about conservation and wildlife, specials offers, traveller tips, community projects, website highlights and tons more...
Find out more about our Bush Telegraph
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain perfect!"
Don't worry. Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it
only to send you The Vic Falls Bush Telegraph.
Somalisa Camp to our Victoria Falls home page