The Victoria Falls Hotel
Colonial Grandeur and Old World Charm...
The first build of The Victoria Falls Hotel was done in 1904, at the time when the Cape to Cairo Railway line first reached
Victoria Falls. This classic and colonial hotel has been established for over 100 years. Visiting members of Royal families, international and local statesmen as well as celebrities have chosen to stay at The Victoria Falls Hotel.
Being the first hotel to be built it has prime position, with views overlooking the magnificent Victoria Falls Bridge and gorge below.
It has it own private pathway down to the
Victoria Falls Rainforest entrance and is also situated within walking distance of the town centre.
The Victoria Falls Hotel has an atmosphere steeped in history. The old fashioned and traditional décor throughout the hotel is full of colonial grandeur and old world charm.
The manicured gardens and beautiful buildings together with the courtyard filled with lily ponds in the middle of the hotel gives a feeling of tranquillity and sheer relaxation.
The rooms at Victoria Falls Hotel are currently going through a change, from the Victoria-style designs to the later Edwardian blended with contemporary luxury. While still capturing the comfortable charm of a bygone age, with colonial prints, Edwardian styled furniture and well-chosen artefacts, guests can enjoy modern amenities and high-end luxury in the Classic rooms, Premium rooms and Suites.
Some of the deluxe rooms and suites offer breathtaking views across the Victoria Falls Bridge and Zambezi River Gorge, but not all of them, so if a view is important to you make sure you book through
an agent who knows the hotel well (like us for instance). We can try to get the best rooms for you when possible, booking quite well in advance is essential for this.
• The first hotel in Victoria Falls, built for the construction of the bridge and railway line
• Grand views of the Victoria Falls Bridge and gorges
• Royalty, celebrities and heads of states have stayed at Victoria Falls Hotel
• Numerous room options with different views
Accommodation at Victoria Falls Hotel
• 55 Standard Rooms with either twin or double configuration
• 30 Classic rooms with double and twin configuration, some inter-leading rooms, plus a Component Room which gives 3 classic rooms under one key
• 13 Premium rooms with convertable king-sized bed
• 44 Stables Wing Signature rooms with twin or double configurations
• 2 Deluxe suites with king sized convertable beds
• 3 Executive suites with extra service, private lounge, walk-in closet and VIP suite supplies
• 1 Royal Batoka suite with two bedrooms, spectacular views of the Batoka gorges and Victoria Falls Bridge, extra amenities and service
• 1 Presidential suite with three bedrooms, separate lounge, dining room and kitchenette, walk-in closet and spacious bathroom,
private balcony, extra amenities and full service
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathrooms
• Mosquito free enclosure
• In-Room Safety deposit box
• Mini Bar
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Fully Air Conditioned
• IP TV with over 70 Channels and Casting
• Express Valet Service
• Same-day laundry and dry cleaning
• Tea and Coffee making Facilities
• The famous Livingstone Room with its high ceilings makes dining an elegant and memorable affair. Formal evening dress is no longer a requirement.
• The Stanley Terrace – over looks the manicured gardens, the Victoria Falls Bridge and the rising spray from the Victoria Falls, this is the only hotel to have such a magnificent view of this. It's a delightful place to sit and enjoy a meal or the renowned traditional afternoon tea which is served every afternoon.
• Later enjoy a famous Livingstone cocktail whilst listening to the mighty roar of the Victoria Falls. A la Carte lunch and light dinners are also served.
• The Jungle Junction – Breakfast and dinner buffet. This is a great setting just past the swimming pool and entertainment by the local Makishi dancers takes place every night.
• This is the only hotel with a view of the bridge and gorges below.
• It is only a ten minute walk from the hotel to the
Victoria Falls entrance and there is a private path from the hotel which brings you out at that entrance to the Victoria Falls.
• Grand and colonial atmosphere, steeped in history.
• 24-hour room service and concierge
• Room safe
• Wireless internet
• Air- conditioning
• Livingstone Room – formal dining
• Stanley Terrace – afternoon tea, a la carte menu
• Jungle Junction – buffet
• Tennis Court
• Fitness centre/gym
• Swimming Pool
• Hair/Beauty Salon
• Curio Shop
• Sculpture garden
• Art gallery
• Private Path down to Victoria Falls
• Valet service
Weddings and Honeymoons
The Victoria Falls Hotel is a delightfully romantic setting for
a wedding in Victoria Falls and
for honeymoons. From the charming little in-house chapel to the luxurious Honeymoon Suites. The honeymooners will be made to feel special with chocolates, red roses and a fresh fruit platter.
The Chapel is available for private ceremonies and weddings. Outdoor receptions can be organised in the hotel's gardens with views overlooking The Victoria Falls Bridge.
The Centenary Room is available for meetings for a maximum of
18 people. The room is set up in boardroom style and is for use by in-house guests only. This room is also available for small executive meetings and private dining. The Pullman Suite accommodates a maximum of 40 delegates.
How to Get to Victoria Falls Hotel
transfers can be arranged from Victoria Falls, Kasane and Livingstone airports.
Contact us for more information.
[Top of Page]
THE VIC FALLS BUSH TELEGRAPH
our Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter
Each issue has a destination update, loads of information about conservation and wildlife, specials offers, traveller tips, community projects, website highlights and tons more...
Find out more about our Bush Telegraph
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain perfect!"
Don't worry. Your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it
only to send you The Vic Falls Bush Telegraph.
Return from Victoria Falls Hotel to our Victoria Falls home page