|Zimbabwe is open for tourism. We look forward to welcoming you!|
|Follow the link for Zimbabwe Covid-19 Latest Travel News.|
Kavinga Safari Camp
Privacy in this remote tented camp is guaranteed... deep within Mana Pools National Park
Unlike most of the camps in Mana Pools National Park, Kavinga Safari Camp is located near the southern boundary of Mana Pools, approximately 1 kilometre upstream of the confluence of the Ruckomechi and Chiwuye Rivers, a distance from the shores of the Zambezi River. The camp is on a private concession situated on a cliff overlooking the dry Ruckomechi riverbed and is set against the extraordinary backdrop of the Zambezi Escarpment.
The camp's elevated tents are built on the edge of a cliff, facing east, with a view of the rising sun and the beautiful Zambezi Valley floor. The verandas are in front of the rooms, giving guests a feeling of infinite space. Each tent has been designed with an emphasis on privacy, and is surrounded by insect repellent gauze, allowing the air to circulate, contributing to maximum coolness.
The central dining and lounge area has a deck above, providing a magnificent view across the dry riverbed and to the pan below. Complete with a comfortable lounge, bar, dining area and cool window seats, the main lodge also has an outdoor lavatory.
Approximately 9km from Kavinga Safari Camp is the renowned Chitake Spring, which has a legendary reputation for superb game viewing and predators. The herds of buffalo, which drink at the spring through the dryer months, are frequent visitors to the area, as they traverse the valley in search of grazing. Most evenings, herds of elephant gather in the riverbed, providing a wonderful wildlife spectacle. Shyer species, like leopard, visit the pan right below the camp under the cover of darkness.
Access to the camp is either by air or road. The camp is just 26km off the main tarred Chirundu road, making it easy for self-drivers. The concession has its own airstrip, situated approximately 5km from the camp, so you can enjoy a 20 minute game drive whilst en route to camp. Since the camp does not allow younger children, families (or groups with children) can enjoy an exclusive safari experience by taking all 7 tents.
• Located in the southern section of Mana Pools National Park
Accommodation at Kavinga Safari Camp
• 7 raised tented rooms with 2 three-quarter beds with flexible arrangements
All rooms have:
• Easy access from the national park entrance for drivers, and fly-in
• Not near the Zambezi River, although the camp offers a unique Mana Pools experience. Combine a few nights at Kavinga with another camps on the Zambezi River to get a great safari holiday.
All food at Kavinga Safari Camp is homemade and cooked in camp. Breakfast is a two-course meal followed by a light lunch/brunch and a three-course dinner in the evenings with plenty of snacking in between meals. A selection of beverages is provided in camp. Dining can be upstairs or downstairs.
Facilities and Services
• Solar power with backup generator
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• Accommodation, all meals and refreshments
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• Items of a personal nature
How to Get to Kavinga Safari Camp
• Self-Drive – approximately a 5 hour drive from Harare. The camp is just 26km off the main Chirundu tar road.
• No children under 10 years, unless by prior arrangement or in a group booking the whole camp.