Victoria Falls Accommodation | Explorers Village
Elegant budget accommodation in a central part of Victoria Falls town, offering comfort, style and simplicity at great prices!
The Explorers Village is an excellent option for very good quality
budget accommodation. The small but elegant chalets are clean and
comfortable and are perfect for travellers wanting cheaper
accommodation without compromising on quality. The large central entertainment, dining and bar
area has a great atmosphere and facilities, with good quality food
being served. The Village's central location makes it very convenient
in relation to the
shops, banks and other restaurants. We highly recommended the
Village for not only those looking in this price range but actually
anyone whose not wanting anything fancy and wanting to save money.
Only drawback IMO is some of the chalets not being that private.
PRICE RANGE before special
Approximate price per
person sharing per
a popular shopping centre in
Victoria Falls town
is the "Explorers Village". Being only a few minutes walk from the town centre,
with its interesting curio shops and lively cafes and a ten-minute walk
entrance of Victoria Falls,
the ‘Village’ boasts a great location, while still remaining quiet and secluded
on the edge of the National Park.
Completed in late 2016, the Village is modern and stylish. Aiming to mix budget accommodation with a comfortable and elegant experience - the 16 twin chalets are all en-suite, very clean with all the basic luxuries a traveller would need, including
air-conditioning and a room safe.
The main area is a large thatch building encompassing a reception, small curio
and convenience store, lounge and seating areas, a fully stocked bar and a large
public dining area, which leads onto the patio and infinity pool.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner this main area is also a great place to watch sports or other events on the public
The five separated camping grounds are designed specifically for overland tour
groups and not single vehicles. Each campsite area has covered slabs where tents
can be erected, BBQ facilities, a wash area and parking space for the overland
vehicle. There are very clean and functional public restrooms.
The Explorers Village also has an area with numerous dome tents with stretchers, linen
and facilities exactly the same as the overland group sites.
• Within a few minutes' walk from the Falls entrance, shopping areas and town centre
• Budget accommodation, but elegant with basic luxuries
• Clean and functional camping grounds and restrooms for overland groups
• Large and stylish dining area, with various facilities under the
• Dome tents with stretchers and linen.
Accommodation at Explorers Village
• 16 en-suite thatched chalets with flexible twin configuration
• 5 separated camping grounds for up to 120 people
• Dome tents for individual hire
• Campsite restrooms
All chalets have:
• En-suite bathrooms with shower, basin and toilet
• Small safe
• Small storage space
• Shared ablution facilities
• Communal cooking area and large sinks for cleaning
• Very central location, within minutes’ walk of most attractions in town
• Clean, modern and comfortable
• Reasonably priced chalets
• Social and friendly atmosphere
• Good quality restaurant
• No camping for individual vehicles
• Some chalets are not that private
• Dome tents comparatively expensive
• Bar prices expensive
• Main building and bar has dining area serving al a carte menu
• Near to centre of town and within walking distance to where other
Victoria Falls restaurants are located
Facilities and Services
• Main thatched building houses various facilities
• Fully stocked bar and dining area/restaurant
• Infinity pool
• Curio shop
• Ablution facility in campsite area
• Dome tents with stretchers and linen
How to Get to Explorers Village
• The Village is located behind the Elephant's Walk Shopping Mall
within Vic Falls town
• Self-drivers - Enter Victoria Falls town on Livingstone Way. Cross over the railway line, then turn left
into Adam Stander Road. The Village is
located behind the Elephant's Walk Mall.
• Explorers Village is 20kms from Victoria Falls Airport. Transfers from the airport can
arranged. Contact us for assistance.
• Children aged 4 to 11 years old pay 75% of the adult rate
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
website for any term you are looking for.
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Explorers Village to our Victoria Falls home page