Victoria Falls Rest Camp
Victoria Falls Rest Camp - the cool, green, shady, clean, secure place to stay in the falls…
You will find Victoria Falls Rest Camp right in the middle of Victoria Falls town – within easy
walking distance of the largest waterfall in the world, and the surrounding shops, restaurants, curio market and booking agents. Shoestrings Backpackers is comparable in price but is not nearly as big or private.
The accommodation offered is budget type but in very well maintained and secure surroundings.
The green grass and lots of trees in the Rest Camp makes a very pleasant atmosphere. We would advise the newer abolitions and accommodation closer to the restaurant are they ones to try and head for.
The chalets and dorms are clean and functional with good abolitions. The camp site is nice with good shady sites.
The lodge accommodation is recommended for families with two bedrooms, a sitting area and a kitchen. The general atmosphere makes for a safe and secure environment for children to play and enjoy the facilities. At the moment Lodge 15 has been redone – and is definitely worth asking for – very nice with air conditioning – it is slightly more expensive but well worth it.
The Rest Camp is really for those who are on a budget, and don't mind not having awesome river or gorge views, but want to be in a good central position to explore Victoria Falls.
• Located in town within walking distance from shops and the Falls
• Budget accommodation
• Secure and maintained property
• Various accommodation options
• Lodge accommodation recommended for families
Accommodation at Victoria Falls Rest Camp
• 19 self-catering lodges (including some with Air conditioning) - 2 and 3 bedroomed lodges each room with 2 beds, cooking facilities, ceiling fans in each bedroom, own bathrooms with shower and toilet
• 11 Single chalets - one bedroom each with 2 single beds, outside communal ablution
• 3 double chalets - two bedrooms each with 2 single beds, shared outside ablution
• 3 dormitories - one male (9 single beds), one female (6 single beds), one other (13 single beds), outside communal ablution
• 1 luxury tent - 2 single beds, outer lounge area, own bathroom
• Campsite - shady, power supply and braai facilities
• Safe keeping for all valuables (available 24 hours from Reception desk)
• 24 hour security
• Same day laundry service
• Restaurant (see below)
• Swimming pool
• Volleyball court
• Gift Shop
• Internet facilities for residents
On the grounds of the Victoria Falls Rest Camp is the "In Da Belly Restaurant" which is really good value for money. It serves breakfast for about US$8 and light snacks throughout the day.
A set menu can be pre booked (min of 5 people) can be arranged for approximately US$15.
Very pleasant clean surroundings to enjoy a light snack or cold drink, whilst overlooking the swimming pool.
Very sociable venue as many of the overland trucks stop here, plus many of the Victoria Falls residents like to eat here as it is very reasonably priced.
How to Get to Victoria Falls Rest Camp
transfers can be arranged from Victoria Falls, Kasane and Livingstone airports.
for more information.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
website for any term you are looking for.
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Return from Victoria Falls Rest Camp to our home page