Hwange Accommodation | Linkwasha Camp
Linkwasha Camp offers a beautiful luxury getaway, for people wanting to enjoy the wonders of an African Safari but also want a high level of luxury when they come back from their game activities and are prepared to pay for it.
A buffalo herd seen in front of the camp's main lodge (photo from Wilderness Safaris)
Positioned overlooking one of the largest plains in Hwange, this camp is perfectly situated for the ultimate game viewing experience. Roughly an hour’s flight on Wilderness Air from Victoria Falls will put you right into the heart of Hwange, then a 45minute game drive into camp will give you a good taste of what this area has to offer.
This premier wildlife concession owned and operated by Wilderness Safaris is one of the best private concessions in Zimbabwe, the wildlife movements up and down this vlei are breath-taking. Typical open African savannas offer fantastic photographic opportunities to get that classic wildlife shot. Wilderness operates three camps in this huge concession and Linkwasha is their top of the range - classified in their classic range.
Linkwasha is a beautiful modern camp was completely rebuilt in 2015. Achieving a high standard of luxury and comfort while still keeping their carbon footprint minimal, this is a great example of an Eco-Friendly Camp. The main area is a two tiered decking with the dining room and winter lounge raised for a greater view across the savannah. The main lounge and bar opens on to a large deck completed with a splash pool overlooking the busy waterhole in front of camp. The rooms are spacious and modern, with all the luxuries you will need, including a beautiful view from the veranda.
Game drives in the Linkwasha private concession give you a chance to explore the wonders of Hwange away from general tourists. Lions, Elephant and Buffalo are all residents in this area, and often move through camp. With all the accompanying plains game being plentiful, eland, impala, wildebeest, giraffe and many more. To see the smaller things the concession has to offer take a walk with one of the professional guides and learn more about the ecology, geology and smaller life that one often misses in the vehicle, then finish off the day with the always exciting night drive.
Linkwasha Camp is one of the most expensive safaris camps in Zimbabwe and there is reason for this. Its location is almost impossible to beat as is the safari experience one will have here. The standard of accommodation and service is amongst the best you can get in Zimbabwe. So you are paying top dollar but getting the best that money can buy.
However Wilderness Safaris offer very good rates for SADC guests which represent extremely good value for a safari camp of this quality. To be quite honest you would be silly not to stay there.
• A 1 hour flight from Victoria Falls and located in the heart of Hwange National Park
• Completely rebuilt 2015
• Lodge is on a private premier wildlife concession operated by Wilderness Safaris
• Excellent photographic opportunities
• Luxurious and spacious rooms and main area
• One of the most expensive because of its location and high quality standards
• Safari combinations with sister camps in Mana Pools, Hwange and Victoria Falls area make for an excellent safari experience
Accommodation• Nine rooms in total at Linkwasha Camp
• One family tent - one double room and a living room converted into a bedroom with a fold-out bed for one child and a spare mattress
• Eight standard tents with twin bedrooms
All rooms have:• Mosquito net and repellent
• Ceiling fan
• En-suite bathroom with wash basin, flushing toilet and shower. Family tent has bathtub.
• Tea/coffee making facility
• Wide viewing deck with table and chairs
Advantages• Wilderness Safaris standards of service and facilities
• Premier location in certainly one of the absolute best game concessions of Zimbabwe
• Luxurious accommodation, service and facilities
• Private concession guarantees intimate safari experience away from general tourists
• Can combine together with other Wilderness Safari camps throughout Zimbabwe and Botswana for an ultimate safari experience and package rates
• Very good rates for SADC guests representing extremely good value
• Quite pricey
Dining• Group meals served in the dining room in the main lodge
• Outdoor dining on the main deck
Facilities and Services• Swimming Pool and sun deck
• Lounge with fireplace and dining room in main lodge
• Laundry service
• Waterhole in front of the lodge
• 220 V Electricity with backup generator
• Game drives in Hwange National Park
• Walking safaris
• Night drives
• Visit to a local village and school
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• All meals and local drinks
• Laundry service
• National Park fees
• Two scheduled activities per day
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• All premium imported brands and champagne
• Chartered flights
• Transfers to camp
How to Get There
• Road transfer to Hwange Main Camp (+/- 2.5 hrs) where Wilderness will collect and transfer you through the game park to Linkwasha Camp (+/- 3.5 hrs)
Children• Children below the age of 6 allowed on special request.
• Children below 17 years must share a room with an adult at all times.
• Children 0 - 2 years stay free of charge. Children 3 - 16 years old get 65% (low season) and 35% (high season) off the adult rate. Children 17 years and older stay at the full adult rate.
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..