Hwange Accommodation | Linkwasha Camp
Linkwasha Camp offers a beautiful luxury getaway, for people wanting to enjoy the wonders of an African Safari but also want a high level of luxury when they come back from their game activities and are prepared to pay for it
Linkwasha Camp is one of the most expensive safaris camps in
Zimbabwe and there is reason for this. Its location is almost impossible to beat as is the safari experience one will have here.
So you are paying top dollar but getting the best that money can
Rates for SADC guests are very good value.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
Positioned overlooking one of the largest plains in
Hwange National Park, this camp is
perfectly situated for the ultimate game viewing experience. Roughly an hour’s flight on Wilderness Air from Victoria Falls will put you right into the
heart of Hwange, then a 45-minute game drive into camp will give you a good taste of what this area has to offer.
This premier wildlife concession owned and operated by Wilderness Safaris is one of the best private concessions in
Zimbabwe, the wildlife movements up and down this vlei are breath-taking. Typical open African
savannas offer fantastic photographic opportunities to get that classic wildlife shot. Wilderness operates three camps in this huge concession and Linkwasha is their
top of the range - classified in their classic range.
Linkwasha is a beautiful modern camp was completely rebuilt in 2015. Achieving a high standard of
luxury and comfort while still keeping their carbon footprint minimal, this is a great example of an
Eco-Friendly Camp. The main area is a two tiered decking with the dining room and winter lounge raised for a greater view across the savannah. The main lounge and bar opens on to a large deck completed with a splash pool
overlooking the busy waterhole in front of camp. The rooms are spacious and modern, with all the luxuries you will need, including a
beautiful view from the veranda.
Game drives in the Linkwasha private concession give you a chance to explore the wonders of Hwange away from general tourists. Lions, Elephant and Buffalo are all residents in this area, and often move through camp. With all the accompanying plains game being plentiful, eland, impala, wildebeest, giraffe and many more. To see the smaller things the concession has to offer take a walk with one of the
professional guides and learn more about the ecology, geology and smaller life that one often misses in the vehicle, then finish off the day with the always exciting night drive.
Linkwasha Camp is one of the most expensive safaris camps in Zimbabwe and there is reason for this. Its location is almost
impossible to beat as is the safari experience one will have here. The standard of accommodation and service is amongst the best you can get in Zimbabwe. So you are paying
top dollar but getting the best that money can buy.
However Wilderness Safaris offer very good rates for SADC guests which represent
extremely good value for a safari camp of this quality. To be quite honest you would be silly not to stay there.
Wilderness guides are also always of a high standard. Combinations of the Wilderness Camps in Mana Pools, Hwange and
Victoria Falls area make an excellent safari getaway.
The varying seasons in
Hwange will have a huge impact on your wallet and Safari experience.
The Green season (rainy season) will see incredible bird and insect life but reduced animal sightings. However lodge prices in most cases are dramatically reduced offering really good value.
The High season (dry season) is when animals congregate in vast numbers around the waterholes and National Geographic type scenes are commonplace. This is peak season and lodge prices escalate substantially.
Please feel free to contact us with details of your preferences and allow us the opportunity to discuss which time of year is going to suit you best.
**NB** Hwange Lodges in the peak season get over booked, it is advisable to plan and
book well in advance to ensure you get what you want.
• A 1 hour flight from Victoria Falls and located in the heart of Hwange
• Completely rebuilt 2015
• Lodge is on a private premier wildlife concession operated by Wilderness
• Excellent photographic opportunities
• Luxurious and spacious rooms and main area
• One of the most expensive because of its location and high quality
• Safari combinations with sister camps in Mana Pools, Hwange and
Victoria Falls area make for an excellent safari experience
Accommodation at Linkwasha Camp
• Nine rooms in total at Linkwasha Camp
• One family tent - one double room and a living room converted into
a bedroom with a fold-out bed for one child and a spare mattress
• Eight standard tents with twin bedrooms
All rooms have:
• Mosquito net and repellent
• Ceiling fan
• En-suite bathroom with wash basin, flushing toilet and shower.
Family tent has bathtub.
• Tea/coffee making facility
• Wide viewing deck with table and chairs
• Wilderness Safaris standards of service and facilities
• Premier location in certainly one of the absolute best game concessions
• Luxurious accommodation, service and facilities
• Private concession guarantees intimate safari experience away from
• Can combine together with other Wilderness Safari camps throughout Zimbabwe and Botswana for an ultimate
safari experience and package rates
• Very good rates for SADC guests representing extremely good value
• Quite pricey
• It's remoteness, which on one hand is an advantage can be a disadvantage due to the higher cost of getting there.
• Group meals served in the dining room in the main lodge
• Outdoor dining on the main deck
Facilities and Services
• Swimming Pool and sun deck
• Lounge with fireplace and dining room in main lodge
• Laundry service
• Waterhole in front of the lodge
• 220 V Electricity with backup generator
• Game drives in Hwange National Park
• Walking safaris
• Night drives
• Visit to a local village and school
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• All meals and local drinks
• Laundry service
• National Park fees
• Two scheduled activities per day
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• All premium imported brands and champagne
• Chartered flights
• Transfers to camp
How to Get to Linkwasha Camp
• Fly by charter plane to Makalolo airstrip, and transfer by road to Linkwasha Camp - Discounted flight rates for stays of 3 nights or more.
• Road transfer to Hwange Main Camp (+/- 2.5 hrs) where Wilderness will collect and transfer you through the game park to Linkwasha Camp (+/- 3.5 hrs)
• Children below the age of 6 allowed on special request.
• Children below 17 years must share a room with an adult at all times.
• Children 0 - 2 years stay free of charge. Children 3 - 16 years old get 65% (low season) and 35% (high season) off the adult rate. Children 17 years and older stay at the full adult rate.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Linkwasha Camp to our Victoria Falls home page