Hwange Accommodation | Little Makalolo Camp
Little Makalolo Camp
Little Makalolo Camp overlooks a busy and vibrant waterhole that can boast, in the dry months, huge herds of elephant, buffalo, plains game and the accompanying cats
There is plenty of traffic at Little Makalolo Camp
Little Makalolo is one of Wilderness Safaris 'Classic' camps, hidden right in the heart of Hwange National Park on a private premier wildlife concession. This high-end tented safari camp brings luxury and comfort to compliment the remoteness of the area. An hour and a half private charter flight from Victoria Falls will land you right in the middle of this wilderness; alternatively it’s a 5 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls.
Little Makalolo overlooks a busy and vibrant waterhole that can boast, in the dry months, huge herds of elephant, buffalo, plains game and the accompanying cats. Each of the six en-suite tents are located perfectly for a spectacular view of the waterhole, and further onto the plains that lie in front of camp. Indoor and outdoor showers compliment the beautiful tents that offer all the basic luxuries you will need. Low teak walkways join each of the tents with the main area and dinning tent, and the pool is a great addition, offering much needed relief from the summer sun, during the siesta hours of mid-day.
The private concession surrounding this camp means you can enjoy one of the best game viewing areas in Zimbabwe completely undisturbed by other tourists. The game drives and night drives will give you a great appreciation for the diversity of both flora and fauna in this area. As well as offering great sightings of the big game including Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard and various other predators that call this wilderness their home. Walks with your professional guide allow you to explore ancient river lines and stroll across the plains of Africa, with unforgettable memories and great photographic opportunities being the order of the day.
Little Makalolo is the ultimate Safari experience. Being a “Classic” Wilderness Safaris camp and situated on a premiere wildlife concession means nightly rates are not cheap, but then no decent safari is and comparatively speaking Little Makalolo represents good value for money. Wilderness guides are also always of a high standard. We rate this camp very highly and know for certain from the numerous clients who have stayed there that you won’t be disappointed.
Combining Little Makalolo with one of the other Wilderness camps either in Zimbabwe or elsewhere in Southern Africa, will round off a great safari experience with this professional and well organised company.
• A Wilderness Safaris Classic Camp on a private concession in Hwange National Park
• Little Makalolo Camp overlooks a vibrant waterhole which gets very busy during the dry months
• Fly in or road transfers are possible
• Luxury accommodation and facilities
• Professional guides used for games walks and drives
• Excellent photographic opportunities on the private concession, with no other tourists in sight
• Wilderness Safaris is a professional safari company with an excellent track record
Accommodation• Five standard tents with double bed or twin beds
• One family room with one twin bedroom and one double room
All rooms have:• En-suite bathroom with flush toilet, twin wash basins and shower
• Outdoor shower
• Writing desk
• Solar water heater
Advantages• Great game viewing and bird watching in a private concession
• Good well trained guides
• Very comfortable camp
• Great Location
• Can be combined with other camps in Hwange, Victoria Falls, or outside Zimbabwe for a great safari experience
Disadvantages• Road transfers may be long in distance
• Nightly rates tend to be pricey but you do get good value for money
Dining• Dining area/restaurant is located under the thatched main lodge
• Al fresco dining on the deck
• Meals are included during excursions
Facilities and Services• Main lodge with dining area, lounge, library and bar
• Swimming pool and deck
• Fire pit
• Water hole in front of main lodge
• Credit card facilities
• Pizza oven
• A game viewing hide near the waterhole
• Game drives
• Nature walks
• Bird Watching
• Game viewing (within a log hide)
• Sleeping under the stars
• Cultural tours/village visits
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• All meals and local drinks
• Two camp activities per day
• Park fees
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Premium imported brands and champagne
• Charter flights
• Transfers to camp other than from the airstrip
Children• Children are welcome and are required to share a room with an adult at all times
• Children 0 - 2 years stay free of charge. Children 3 - 16 years old get 65% (low season) and 35% (high season) off the adult rate. Children 17 years and older stay at the full adult rate.
How to Get There
• Private charter flight from Victoria Falls takes about an hour and a half right to the Makalolo airstrip
• Road transfer to Little Makalolo Camp
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..