Home | Victoria Falls Accommodation | Shoestrings
Shoestrings Backpackers Lodge
“ Shoestrings is the night life of Victoria Falls”.....
recommend Shoestrings for the
younger crowd and the young at heart - for very cheap accommodation
in a party atmosphere.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
||US$ 8 (Camping)
US$ 28 (Double Room)
If you are wanting a party or just some good company this backpackers lodge is about the only place on the Zimbabwe side that you will find it happening most nights.
It is a brightly coloured backpackers lodge which is situated a short five minutes from town centre, not luxury but laid back and definitely for the more young at heart, who are more interested in a party than a good nights sleep. The location is great right in the centre of town, and it is easy walking distance to the Falls, shops, curio market and booking agents.
back accommodation for the young at heart.....
The lodge have their own curio shop at the bottom of the garden and you are able to book all your activities on site through their sister company Backpackers Bazaar.
There is a swimming pool and big shady garden with tables and chairs dotted around. Where most days you can find a few local guides and other travellers – enjoying each others company.
Accommodation at Shoestrings Backpackers
• All the double and twin rooms are en-suite and linen is provided. Rooms are clean and simple and exactly what one would expect for the budget price.
• There is also a small area on the lawn at the front or back of the lodge where you can pitch your tents with basic ablutions near by.
• There is a communal kitchen where you can cook yourself a very basic meal or eat from the Blue Baboon which serves pizza, hamburgers etc.
• The bar literally rocks most nights with local Victoria Falls residents and other young travellers although it does close at 12.00pm. There is a pool table and Satellite TV for your enjoyment.
Trivia - you can have a body pierce on site!!!!!
• Internet Access and internet room
• Security Lockers
• Luggage Storage
• Guest Kitchen
• Swimming Pool
• Airport pick-up and drops off can be arranged
• Great location five minutes from town and within walking distance to The Falls
• Friendly and laid back atmosphere
• Party and music most nights
• Recommended for the younger traveller – who is not looking for a quiet and peaceful location
How to Get to Shoestrings - Victoria Falls
Turn left or right into Parkway Drive at the Shearwater Cafe, take a short walk and turn left into Fox Drive, when you meet West Drive you will see a bright wall and you have found the place.
Matthew D. Firestone
Lonely Planet author
"If you're looking for a guaranteed good time, Shoestrings Backpackers is just about the only place on the Zimbabwean side of life that still parties up a storm each and every night.
Shoestrings Backpackers is a popular stop for the overland truck crowd, though the festive ambiance also draws in a good number of independent travellers. By night however, Shoestrings is the only guaranteed party in town, so even if you're not staying here, be sure to drop by and kick back a few rounds of Zambezi lager with the friendly staff.
Rooms are fairly basic, though guests can take advantage of the communal kitchen, on-site bar, restaurant and swimming pool. It is also conveniently located in the centre of town, and within easy walking distance to the falls".
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
[Top of Page]
to our Victoria Falls home page