Mana Pools Accommodation | Kanga Camp
A secluded luxury tented camp, Kanga Camp is located away from the Zambezi River deep within Mana Pools National Park
The main area at Kanga Camp with a fire pit, and plunge pool and lounge area in the background
Nestled in the heart of Mana Pools, this is the only camp in the park not situated on the Zambezi shoreline, thereby offering a unique perspective, not available at other camps in Mana Pools. The waterhole in-front of camp is the only water source in this area which is present all year round here. Therefore it can and does become very active with wildlife in the dry season. Kanga can boast elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo all drinking in-front of camp. Every animal in the area has to come to quench their thirst here, and Kanga camp is perfectly placed to offer you the front row seat.
Kanga is a seasonal camp and is only open from roughly April to December - this is due to the heavy rainfall that starts in December.
Being at least a 5 hour drive from Harare this camp is better accessed by air. A private charter flight is only 90 minutes from Harare and 2.5 hours from Victoria Falls.
Kanga is a small but comfortable camp offering 6 luxury en-suit tents, each with their own outdoor shower looking over the waterhole (which the camp was named after). The main area is a two tiered deck offering height and an amazing view from the top deck, however follow the stairs down and relax under the shade of the ebony trees or even take a dip in the plunge pool.
Apart from the amazing game viewing to be had in camp, games drives through the diverse habitats of the Kanga Private concession can be very rewarding. A full day excursion to the Zambezi's floodplains can give you a brilliant overview of this amazing park. However, a guided walking safari is the best way to explore this area. Canoeing and fishing is offered on prior request. This park is very well known for its high populations of Cape Hunting Dogs (Wild Dog), these relaxed predators are incredible to watch, if you can find them.
This camp works in close conjunction with Zambezi Lifestyles, offering luxury mobile camps and canoeing safaris along the famous shoreline of Mana Pools National Park. If mobile camping is not for you then pair this Camp with one of the other African Bush Camps' Lodges either in Hwange National Park, or various locations in Botswana.
Summary• Only camp in Mana Pools which is not on the Zambezi shoreline, but along the Ruckomechi River flood plains
• It is a seasonal camp open between April and December only
• Best accessed via air transfer
• Amazing game around camp and during game drives
• Many activities on offer
• Can be paired with luxury mobile camps and/or other camps in Hwange and Botswana
Accommodation• Six tented rooms in total
• One may be converted into a family unit with a double bed and two day beds
All rooms have:• En-suite bathroom facilities with outdoor showers
• Private verandas overlooking the waterhole
• Kerosene lamps for lighting
• Wire mesh windows
Advantages• Unique Mana Pools experience, different to camps along the Zambezi River
• Prolific birds and wildlife at the waterhole in front of camp
• A true bush experience
• Can be packaged with sister camps in Hwange and/or Botswana offering an excellent safari experience in some of the best safari areas on the continent
• Various activities including canoeing, fishing, game drives and game walks
Disadvantages• Fly-in transfer is the best option, but can be costly
• Not open all year round
• Can and does get very hot at certain times of year
Dining• Dining area under the tent in the main area
• Raised platform under the trees in the main area can accommodate a larger group
• Individual tables are also available in the main area
Facilities and Services• Main communal area with dining and lounging areas, and a raised viewing deck
• A small plunge pool in the communal area
• Solar power and backup generator
• Laundry service
• Safe not in rooms but in the main office
• Game drives
• Game walks
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• All meals and local drinks
• Two game viewing activities per day
• Mana Pools National Park fees
• Transfers from Dandawa airstrip
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Premium and imported brand drinks and champagne
Children• Children under 7 are not allowed except by special arrangement.
• Children under 16 are not allowed on game walks, but may participate in nature walks around camp
How to Get There
• Fly in from Victoria Falls or Harare, and then a complimentary transfer from Dandawa air strip
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..