Mana Pools Accommodation | Ruckomechi Camp
Premier Safari Camp on the western edge of Mana Pools – At Ruckomechi Camp, Safaris don’t get much better than this…
Excellent views from the pool area
On the Western Borders of the magical Mana Pools National Park, sits Ruckomechi Camp on the banks of the Zambezi River. Positioned on arguably the best wildlife concession in Zimbabwe, managed by Wilderness Safaris, it is remote but can be accessed by road, air or even boat.
The camp is situated in amongst the Winter-Thorn Acacias, that line the banks of the river, synonymous with Mana Pools. Great animal sightings can be had in the camp, but it’s the elephants that are most comfortable here and we have often seen them walking just meters away from the dining tent during brunch.
The Private concession can boast some of the best game viewing in Zimbabwe - it doesn’t get much better than this anywhere in Africa, with large populations of plains game and the predators that follow. This is one of the best areas in Zimbabwe to see wild dog but great lion and relaxed leopard sightings are also common.
If you are really lucky you might find one of Mana Pools National Park's most unique features - the elephant bulls that can stand on their two back legs when reaching for pods high in the acacia tress.
Diverse and abundant birdlife frequents the Zambezi shores with a big attraction being the thousands of migratory Carmine Bee-eaters that come to nest in the river banks, providing a breath-taking spectacle.
Each of the 10 luxury tented rooms at Ruckomechi Camp has a brilliant view of the river, a spacious en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers makes staying here more than comfortable. Likewise the main area and swimming pool is an amazing place to relax and take in the lovely panorama - although the many activities on offer may keep you busy, the choice is yours.
Game drives, night drives, walks, boat cruises, fishing and canoeing are all on offer and being on a Private concession means the drives are exclusive to guests of Ruckomechi Camp. Game densities in this area are second to none, and the night drives will bring out a whole different array of nocturnal species. Walking with the camp's professional guides can give you a deeper appreciation for the bush but it’s the boat cruise and canoeing that give you a completely different perspective. Game viewing from the water is a unique experience and Ruckomechi is the only camp in Mana Pools that offer cruises.
We think Ruckomechi camp is suited to the “safari goer” that wants the best wildlife experience available and is prepared to pay for it. It’s a premier wildlife concession which comes with a high price tag but you pay for what you get. The diverse beauty of this camp makes it a wonderful getaway, but make sure to set aside minimum three nights.
Summary• Located on the western borders of Mana Pools National Park on private concession
• Access by road, air or boat
• Excellent game, especially elephants, and diverse birdlife on concession
• Luxury accommodation on the Zambezi River, with river views
• Exclusive activities included
• Suitable for safari goers
• Recommend minimum 3 night stay
Accommodation• 10 spacious tents in total
• Seven twin bedded tents
• Two double bedded tents
• One family tent - two rooms with twin beds, each with own bathroom
All rooms have:• En-suite bathrooms with shower and wash basin
• Storage space
• Writing desk
• Small veranda with chairs and views of the Zambezi River
• Outside shower
• Free-standing fans
• Solar units for lighting and heating water
Advantages• Beautiful location, on the banks of the Zambezi
• Great game viewing and bird watching
• Professional guides
• Luxury rooms, with great views
• Premiere Private Concession
• Various game viewing activities- including game drives, night drives, walks, boat cruises, fishing and canoeing
Disadvantages• Remote area, long or costly transfers in
Dining• Dining area in main lodge
• Al fresco dining on the main deck
• Private dining on the sleep-out deck
• Picnics by the Zambezi River
Facilities and Services• Main area with library, lounge, dining area and viewing deck
• Swimming pool with sun deck
• Laundry service
• Electricity provided by inverter and generator
• Safe in the main office
• Game viewing from the hide
• Birding safaris
• River cruises
• Guided walking safaris
• Game drives
Fully Inclusive Rates Include• Accommodation
• All meals and local beverages
• 2 scheduled camp activities per day
• Park fees
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude• Chartered flights
• Premium imported brands and champagne
Children• Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted unless if blocking the entire camp.
• Children must remain with their parents/guardians at all times.
How to Get There
• Self drive requires a 4wd vehicle
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..