Vic Falls Accommodation | Vic Falls River Lodge
Victoria Falls River Lodge
Luxury tented lodge in Zimbabwe on the banks of the Zambezi River, only 7 kms up River of the Mighty Victoria Falls
Arial view of the Victoria Falls River Lodge on the banks of the Zambezi River
The new Victoria Falls River Lodge has quickly established itself as one of the places to stay in Victoria Falls, with an emphasis on taste. Situated on the banks of the Zambezi, the lodge is the first private concession within the Upper Zambezi National Park in Zimbabwe, upstream of the Victoria Falls (you can see the spray in the distance!), the lodge delivers luxury tented accommodation and fine dining in a stunning setting.
The Park offers game viewing opportunities within a short distance of the Victoria Falls. Wildlife along the river is varied and include good numbers of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, many antelope species and hippopotamus, who spend their day in water to avoid the heat of the sun and come out to feed on the banks of the river at night.
The permanent availability of water along the river means that wildlife populations are widely dispersed, but the patient safari goer may even be lucky enough to find leopard, lion, hyena or even wild dog, species which all occur in the region. Reptiles are common, with crocodiles along the river and many species of snake, lizard and skink to be found on land. Birdlife is also diverse, from herons, egrets and storks to weavers, woodpeckers and fish eagles.
Victoria Falls River Lodge’s location and luxurious comfort makes it all too easy to relax, enjoy the top quality service and let the wildlife come to you. Each luxury tent is carefully situated for its own, unique and private views of the river, decorated in subtle earthly hues, while the central lodge boasts a spacious open plan dining and lounge area with swimming pool.
Explore the area through Victoria Falls River Lodge’s organised activities and you will be richly rewarded. The lodge offers guided game drives within the National Park, including night drives (always recommended), and guided walks by professional safari Guides. This concession for walking is particularly good. Sunset river cruises are a must as are the exclusive picnic options on Kandahar Island. This area is also renowned for birdwatching with many endemic species. The lodge offers optional boat transfers to and from town.
Summary• Built in 2012
• Luxury tented camp
• Fine dining
• Stunning riverside setting
• Thatched main lodge with lounge, bar and dining area
• Swimming pool and relaxation deck
• Close enough to enjoy all the activities on offer in Victoria Falls - only 14kms by road to the Falls entrance
• Located on a private concession within the Zambezi National Park
• Onsite game drives, bush walks, exclusive island picnics and boat trips
Accommodation• 4 twin/King luxury tents
• 3 twin/King luxury family suits (children’s room attached)
• main complex with lounge, bar and dining area
Each luxury tent provides:
• private viewing deck over the river
• guided walks with qualified guides in the
Zambezi National Park
Advantages• new lodge with luxury accommodation and comfort
• stunning riverside setting in national park
• fine cuisine catering to all diets and needs and including local traditional dishes
• Onsite guided game drives, bush walks and boat trips
• perfect out-of-town base for exploring Victoria Falls area
• Guided night drives within the National Park
• Only a 14km drive from the Victoria Falls entrance
Dining• Blue Ribbon designed kitchen
• Fine dining in the central dining area of main complex.
Facilities and Services
• The main lodge offers spacious lounge, bar and dining area with swimming pool and viewing decks
The Victoria Falls River Lodge is child friendly and special activities, tours or child minding services can all be arranged. Family tents offer an additional tented room, with one single and one double bunk bed, allowing three children to sleep comfortably.
• Transfers to and from the Victoria Falls Airport
• Transfers other than specified
Victoria Falls River Lodge Comments and Reviews
If you have anything to share about the Victoria Falls River Lodge. Please do so in the box below
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..