Home | Victoria Falls Accommodation | Victoria Falls River Lodge
Victoria Falls River Lodge
Luxury tented lodge in Zimbabwe on the banks of the Zambezi River, only 7kms up River of the Mighty Victoria Falls
The activities offered, location, luxury and comfort at Victoria
Falls River Lodge makes it worth the money you spend there. The
Falls themselves are easily accessible too.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
||US$ 346 (Fully Inclusive)
||US$ 441 (Fully Inclusive)
The Victoria Falls River Lodge quickly established itself as one of the places to stay in
Victoria Falls, with an emphasis on taste. Situated on the banks of the
Zambezi River, the lodge is the first private
concession within the Zambezi National Park in
Zimbabwe, upstream of the
largest waterfall in the world (you can see the spray in the distance!), the lodge delivers luxury tented accommodation and fine dining in a stunning setting.
The Park offers game viewing opportunities within a short distance of the Victoria Falls. Wildlife along the river is varied and include good numbers of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, many antelope species and hippopotamus, who spend their day in water to avoid the heat of the sun and come out to feed on the banks of the river at night.
The permanent availability of water along the river means that wildlife populations are widely dispersed, but the patient safari goer may even be lucky enough to find leopard, lion, hyena or even wild dog, species which all occur in the region. Reptiles are common, with crocodiles along the river and many species of snake, lizard and skink to be found on land. Birdlife is also diverse, from herons, egrets and storks to weavers, woodpeckers and fish eagles.
Victoria Falls River Lodge’s location and luxurious comfort makes it all too easy to relax, enjoy the top quality service and let the wildlife come to you. Each luxury tent is carefully situated for its own, unique and private views of the river, decorated in subtle earthly hues, while the central lodge boasts a spacious open plan dining and lounge area with swimming pool.
Explore the area through Victoria Falls River Lodge’s organised activities and you will be richly rewarded. The lodge offers guided game drives within the National Park, including night drives (always recommended), and guided walks by professional safari Guides. This concession for walking is particularly good. Sunset river cruises are a must as are the exclusive picnic options on Kandahar Island. This area is also renowned for birdwatching with many endemic species. The lodge offers optional boat transfers to and from town.
• Built in 2012
• Luxury tented camp
• Fine dining
• Stunning riverside setting
• Thatched main lodge with lounge, bar and dining area
• Swimming pool and relaxation deck
• Close enough to enjoy all the activities on offer in Victoria Falls - only 14kms
by road to the
• Located on a private concession within the Zambezi National Park
• Onsite game drives, bush walks, exclusive island picnics and boat trips
Accommodation at Victoria Falls River Lodge
• 4 twin/King luxury tents
• 3 twin/King luxury family suits (children’s room attached)
• main complex with lounge, bar and dining area
Each luxury tent provides:
• Private viewing deck over the river with a plunge pool
• Spacious bedroom and seating areas
• Free standing bath with indoor and outdoor showers
• Separate toilet
• Mini bar and hot drinks station
• Mosquito nets, fans and aircon
• Private safe for valuables
• Guided walks with qualified guides in the
Zambezi National Park
• Guided game drive access to Zambezi National Park
• Game viewing from own tent
• Guided sunset river cruises
• Guided fishing cruises
• Exclusive picnics on Kandahar island
• Guided night drives
• High tea
• New lodge with luxury accommodation and comfort
• Stunning riverside setting in national park
• Fine cuisine catering to all diets and needs and including local traditional dishes
• Onsite guided game drives, bush walks and boat trips
• Perfect out-of-town base for exploring Victoria Falls area
• Guided night drives within the National Park
• Only a 14km drive from the Victoria Falls entrance
• Blue Ribbon designed kitchen
• Fine dining in the central dining area of main complex.
Facilities and Services
• The main lodge offers spacious lounge, bar and dining area with swimming pool and viewing decks
• Business workstation area
• Mobile massage, manicure and pedicure services
• Sleep out deck, overlooking waterhole, hippo river and much of the national Park
• Gift shop with an exclusive selection of high quality local arts and crafts
• 30 minutes by road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport
• 60 minutes by road transfer from
• 10 minutes by boat transfer to Victoria Falls town
• Daily return transfers into Vic Falls town
• The Victoria Falls River Lodge is child friendly and special activities, tours or child minding services can all be arranged. Family tents offer an additional tented room, with one single and one double bunk bed, allowing three children to sleep comfortably.
• 0 – 3 year olds Accommodated at no extra cost - Not permitted on game drive. 4 – 11 year olds Accommodated at 25% of the adult sharing rate, within the family suite
Fully Inclusive Rate Includes
• Transfers to and from the Victoria Falls Airport
• All meals
• Local beverages
• Two optional daily transfers from camp (10h00 and 14h00) to Victoria Falls town
• Tour of the Falls
• Two game activities per person per day – game drives/walks in the Zambezi National Park OR a river cruises.
• Drinks and snacks on the game drive or river
• Bird watching on Kandahar Island.
Fully Inclusive Rate Excludes
• Transfers other than specified
• All National Park entrance fees
• Customs and Visa fees (where applicable)
• Imported beverages
• Shop purchases
• Spa treatments
• Additional unspecified game activities
• All offsite activities
• Additional game drives are available at $70.00 per person including snacks and drinks
• Additional river cruises are available at $60.00 per person including snacks and drinks
How to Get to Victoria Falls River Lodge
• Self-drivers drive into Zambezi National Park to the location of the lodge. Secure parking is available.
• Victoria Falls River Lodge provide return airport transfers from Victoria Falls Airport (included in the rates)
• Transfers can be arranged from Kasane and Livingstone airports and towns.
Contact us for more information.
Victoria Falls River Lodge Comments and Reviews
If you have anything to share about the Victoria Falls River Lodge. Please do so in the box below
This is whats been happening at Victoria Falls River Lodge
Click on the links below, they will open a new page.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Return from Victoria Falls River Lodge to our Victoria Falls home page