Victoria Falls Accommodation | Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is set on a high plateau, westward facing towards the Zambezi River and over looking a waterhole and the natural bush of the Zambezi National Park
Probably one of the most popular hotels in Vic Falls and for good
reason. It has a unique location overlooking a waterhole well
frequented by wildlife. Sunsets from the Buffalo bar viewing deck
are a must do activity even for people not staying there. The
bedrooms all have great views, some of them overlooking the
waterhole. The service and food is excellent infact everything about
this Lodge is fantastic and we highly recommend it in this price
range of luxury hotels.
PRICE before special
Approximate price per person sharing per
(B & B)
(B & B)
Vic Falls Safari Lodge is without doubt one of the most popular places to stay in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. The Lodge is situated on a high plateau overlooking the vastness of the Zambezi National Park, giving you the superb feeling of being out in the remote African wilderness, yet a short 15 minute drive takes you into the town centre and the Victoria Falls entrance.
A waterhole, well frequented by wildlife is situated directly below the lodge which can been viewed from most of the bedrooms, the bars, the pool deck,
restaurants and lounges. A constant stream of animals coming down to drink provides 24hr entertainment (the waterhole is floodlit at night).
The central lodge area which encompasses the Reception, the gift shop, the Buffalo Bar, the MaKuwa Kuwa restaurant and various lounges underwent a complete facelift in 2012, and the rooms in mid 2014, bringing the lodge up to truly international standards.
All the bedrooms at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge are en-suite and the sliding glass doors open onto balconies with uninterrupted views of the
National park, some rooms overlooking the waterhole. The rooms all have soft natural fabrics and brightly coloured African paintings giving them a wonderful contemporary safari lodge feeling.
There is a complimentary bus shuttle available every hour from the Lodge to designated points in town starting at 07h45 with the last bus leaving at 21h45.
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge has high and low season rates, please contact us for these rates (High 1st July to 31st Dec) and (Low 1st Jan to 30th June).
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a top of the range hotel and is therefore amongst the highest priced hotels in town but it is well worth it and you wont be disappointed.
• Located 4.6kms from the Victoria Falls entrance
• Safari lodge design and feel
• Four star accommodation
• Award winning restaurants
• Onsite game viewing
• Wonderful views across the National Park
• High and Low season rates
• Very popular hotel with excellent reviews
• Top end price but you won't be disappointed
Accommodation at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
72 en-suite rooms
• Balcony with view overlooking the National Park and sunset facing
• Bathroom with eco-friendly rainfall shower
Waterhole Facing Room
• Balcony with view overlooking the waterhole, National Park and sunset facing
• Bathroom with eco-friendly rainfall shower
Waterhole Facing Suite (6 only)
• Duplex style with entrance into sunken lounge leading onto private balcony with views overlooking the waterhole as well as the Zambezi National Park and facing the African sunset
• Guest toilet/cloakroom off the lounge
• Open staircase leading up to the bedroom and en-suite bathroom
• Raised bathroom with large luxury bath and separate shower cubicle with massaging jets, bathrobes and guest amenities
• Remote controlled air conditioning, and ceiling fans in bedroom and lounge
• Telephone in lounge, bedroom and bathroom
• Variety of coffee table books
All rooms have:
• Digital safes
• IDD phones
• Remote control air conditioning
• Mosquito nets
• Extensive range of customized toiletries including insect repellent
• Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
• Extra length beds
• Fantastic views
• On site game viewing
• Luxury Accommodation
• Popular Boma restaurant
• Award winning MaKuwa Kuwa Restaurant
• Complimentary hourly shuttle bus into town
• Disable friendly
• Refurbished 2012 and 2014
• None come to mind
• MaKuwa Kuwa Restaurant – a la carte – situated overlooking the waterhole (floodlit in the evening) on the open balcony. Internationally styled cuisine, with a hint of African and game dishes thrown in.
• The Boma – “The Place of Eating” – Set in the nearby Gusu Forest, just 500 metres from the Safari Lodge. The Boma offers a unique African experience including traditional dancers and mouth watering local dishes. Highly recommended !!
Both restaurants have received major accolades at the recent 'Zimbabwe on a Plate' annual national restaurant awards.
• Buffalo Bar - An open plan bar with its own game-viewing platform overlooking the waterhole.
• Pool Deck & Viewing Deck - A delicious snack menu and full bar service are available. Additionally this offers a wonderful
view of the ‘Vulture Restaurant’ in front of the waterhole. This attracts hundreds of vultures every
• Room Service - Limited room service available
Facilities and Services
• 24 hour Reception services
• Internet Café with e-mail access, digital photo downloading, CD printing and photo printing facilities
• Wireless Internet access from all rooms and public areas
• TV lounge with satellite link
• Private shower facilities for early-arrival and late check-out guests
• Ample free car parking space
• Facilities for guests with disabilities
• Baby sitting service (advance notice required)
• Guest library and Games Room
• 24 hour security
• Telescope viewing facilities over the onsite waterhole and surrounds from the activities desk
• 72 rooms - en suite bathrooms
• Private viewing decks
• A complimentary bus shuttle service runs every hour into town and back. Up till 10pm
• Remote Air conditioning/Ceiling Fans
• Room safes
• MaKuwa Kuwa Restaurant
• The Boma Restaurant
• Infants under 2 years Free
• Children 2 to 12 years pay 50% of adult per person sharing rate (room shared
with parents or inter-leading room)
1. Open Air Amphitheatre – max 200
2. Indaba Conference Room – Cinema style max 120, Banquet max 75, U-shape max 35
3. Boardroom – Banquet 26 max, Classroom 18 max, Boardroom 26 max - 3 Breakaway rooms
Click on the link to read more about the conference facilities at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
How to Get to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
• Self-drive - drive to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge complex, secure parking is available
• Airport transfers can be arranged from Victoria Falls, Livingstone and Kasane airports and towns.
Contact us for more information.
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
site for any term you are looking for..
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Return from Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to our Victoria Falls home page