Kariba Houseboats | Lady Jacqueline Houseboat
Known as the Lady of the Lake, this 65ft cruiser moored in Kariba is ideal for groups of 4 to 10 people.
The Lady of the Lake, Lady J is a nice sized houseboat ideal for small
groups and families. However she is looking a bit tired these days
and could do with a makeover. If the aesthetics don't worry you
though she gets you out into the right areas quicker than any of the
other houseboats and is perfectly comfortable. Only 2 cabins are
air-conditioned and the air cons will only run while the generator
is on, so sleeping downstairs in these small cabins during the
hotter months could be uncomfortable and guests might choose to
sleep on the open decks upstairs.
Approximate price per
||ZAR 9962 (Self Catering)
The Lady Jacqueline is a steel mono hull houseboat, moored in Marineland Harbour on the eastern side of Lake Kariba. She is fully equipped and furnished
is ideal for groups of 4 to 10 people. Beyond
that, it would get a little overcrowded and I would suggest
one of the larger houseboats like the Catalina,
Zambezi Cruise Safaris.
The advantage of being a mono hull cruiser is that she is faster and more
manoeuvrable than the pontoon houseboats, the disadvantage is that she is not as
wide as them with the huge decks that they have.
The two double cabins are air-conditioned as is the lounge area, with ample
outside deck space to lap up the beautiful Kariba weather. The Lady Jacqueline can be hired on a self catering or fully inclusive basis see rates below.
Read more about Kariba and a Houseboat holiday
The Lady of the Lake, Lady J is a nice sized houseboat ideal for small groups
and families. However she is looking a bit tired these days and could do with a
makeover. If the aesthetics don't worry you though she gets you out into the
right areas quicker than any of the other houseboats and is adequately comfortable. Only 2 cabins are air-conditioned and the air cons will only run while the generator is on, so sleeping downstairs in these small cabins during the hotter months could be uncomfortable and guests might choose to sleep on the open decks upstairs.
In our opinion there are now better options available - please
contact us for
• 2 x Air Conditioned en-suite Double Cabins with toilet, shower and wash
• 1 x Twin Bunk Cabins (2 people)
• 1 x Bunk Cabin with 2 sets of Bunk Beds (4 people)
• 1 x Separate Bathroom (toilet, shower and wash basin)
• For anyone wanting to sleep on the upper deck there is a limited number of
mattresses and Mosquito nets. (5 people)
Lady Jacqueline Specifications
• 65ft steel mono hull cruiser
• Equipment: Navman GPS, depth finders and fuel flow metres.
• Licensed to carry max 15 people
• Twin Volvo Penta turbo
diesel inter-cooled engines
• Silent 17Kva generator. Limited to
running 6 hrs / day; so please ensure you order plenty of ice to keep your food
and drinks cold.
• Only the Captain is allowed to drive the houseboat. However you can
tow your boat behind the Lady Jacqueline - only two tenders can be towed
at a time and it's entirely at your own risk.
• Three crew are onboard for
each charter; the captain, the chef and a deckhand. The crew sleep in their own quarters with
separate ablutions to the main boat.
The Upper Deck
• Comfortable seating and lounging for sunbathing, complete relaxation and enjoyment.
• Dining tables and chairs
• Drop down blinds in case of harsh winds and rain
• Two chest freezers and a triple bar fridge
• Approximately 80% of the deck is under cover
• Mattresses and mosquito nets for extra guests or anyone wanting to sleep under the stars rather than in their cabin
The Middle Deck (Saloon)
• On the front portion of the middle deck is the Jacuzzi and a generous sunbathing deck
• The spacious, enclosed and air-conditioned saloon has comfortable lounge suits and a bar area as well as a DVD home theatre, colour TV & video
and CD player, 2 icemakers and a bar fridge.
• Available for your use is a selection of books both reference and novels , CDs, videos and games.
• Captains wheelhouse and kitchen
The Lower deck (inside the hull)
• Cabins and bathrooms as detailed above in accommodation section
• 1 x 18 ft 90hp Tender boat (10 pax) perfect for Fishing, Game Viewing and Sunset Cruises.
• At an additional cost a second tender boat can be arranged or you can bring your own.
The very comfortable air-conditioned saloon,
complete with TV and DVD home theatre system
• Specialised Fishing equipment is not supplied, please bring your own rods, tackle and bait. Bait such as Kapenta can be organized, please just advise your needs in advance.
• A limited amount of basic tackle can be hired from the crew, nominal
rates will apply.
• A water purification system is on board and the water is “okay”. However, we still recommend bottled water for drinking.
• Board at 14h00 - Disembark 10h00 at Marinelan harbour, eastern Kariba.
Lady Jacqueline Charter Prices 2017
This houseboat can be hired on either a fully inclusive or a self catered option - see below for details
FULLY INCLUSIVE RATE
One to Four Guests R3 799 per person per day (minimum hire charge 4 pax)
Per person thereafter (maximum 10) R1 530 per day
group of 2 people - R15 196 total per day, fully inclusive
group of 4 people - R15 196 total per day, fully inclusive
group of 6 people - R18 256 total per day, fully inclusive
group of 8 people - R21 316 total per day, fully inclusive
Children under 12 pay 50%
Children under 5 stay free of charge
Includes: Exclusive use of boat and crew, food and drink, all
activities (including game viewing by boat, fishing, bird watching), limited fuel enough to
do sample 3 night itinerary below, dedicated tender boat and guides.
For full details on what is included and excluded go to:-
Lady Jacqueline Fact Sheet
SELF CATERING RATE
Dry boat (no fuel, no food) 1 to 10 passengers R9 398.00 per boat per day
For full details on what is included and excluded go to:- Lady Jacqueline Fact Sheet
3 NIGHT SAMPLE ITINERARY: (Weather and time permitting)
Arrival Day: Cruise to Nyembra Island where a lovely sandy beach & braai awaits you
Second Day: Cruise to Senkwe, where tiger fishing is to die for!
Third Day: Cruise to Diamond fishing camp where brilliant bream and tiger are waiting and the game viewing is good.
Final Day: Make you way back to the harbour, enjoying game viewing & exploring by tender boat, fishing or just relaxing on deck.
For a trip to Senkwe it is about a 4,5 hours cruising one way. The Ruze is 7 hours one way. These are the two BEST spots to visit, as both are big river tributaries into the lake, which means good game viewing and excellent fishing.
Zimbabwe National Parks Fees 2018
These are not included in the Charter fee and are payable to the Parks representatives at the boat prior to embarkation. Parks officials may board the boat at any stage to check that payments are accurate and have been properly receipted. You may wish to let us know in advance exactly who is coming, relevant ages, residential status and how many people will be fishing, which we will pass on via the boat captain to save time before you embark.
|Houseboat including tenders per person/day (covers 5 days)
|Visiting speedboats per person/day
|Children under 6 years
|Children 6 to 12 years
||50% Adult rate
|Resident pensioners over 60 years
||50% Adult rate
|Fishing fees per person/day
[Top of Page]
Share with others!
Can't find what you are looking for? Use Google Search to search this
website for any term you are looking for.
The Vic Falls Bush
our Free Quarterly E-Newsletter
Each quarter there's loads of information about conservation and
wildlife, a destination update, specials offers and discount packages,
traveller tips and stories, book reviews, African folktales,
environmental reports, bush recipes, best photo competitions and tons
"Your newsletter keeps me informed about new and old and is the best
I've seen in a long while - informative, not commercial, just plain
This Quarter we are also giving away a Free Screensaver to Every
Return from Lady J Houseboat to our Victoria Falls home page